PDA

View Full Version : trucks: spray on bedliners

mcwilly
03-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Just got a new truck. I'm looking to get a spray on bedliner. Which do you prefer? I've heard lots of good things about Line-x over Rhino. Include prices you paid as well. So far, I'm looking at around $400 for a Rhino lining, but I havent been quoted a price for Line-x. Of course, Ford wanted nearly $700 to do their "Ford Certified" lining. :rolleyes: Pics would be great too if you have any.....

mkh155
03-29-2009, 05:46 AM
I had my bed Rhino lined and I would not recommend it.If it stops raining I take some pics to show you why

lonnie1977
03-29-2009, 06:20 AM
I love my Rhino lining. Just the inside of the bed right up to the top. I dont like the look of it on the top of the bed rail. I have beat the crap out of mine and it still looks good after washing it. As for holing everything in place though that is b*. Stuff still slides just not as much as a plastic liner. believe I paid $330 but that was 4 years ago. I haul firewood, quads and stuff for working on my house and yard all the time so mine gets lots of use.

derekhonda
03-29-2009, 07:42 AM
I kinda went crazy with linex on an old truck, I loved it though.

derekhonda
03-29-2009, 07:44 AM

derekhonda
03-29-2009, 07:44 AM

MX450
03-29-2009, 08:43 AM
GET LINE X!!! They spray it on hot so it dries instantly, and rhino lining drips and looks crapy. I would tell ford to stick it up there but and get line x!

python952
03-29-2009, 09:08 AM
hey derekhonda, did you just tape it good around the wheel wells and go to town? I have a ram and the bottom of the doors are rusting out. My plan is to do bodywork and then line it similar to how you did it. Any ideas on how you did it would be much appreciated along with some more pics! thanks man!

also, could you buy it in spray cans? how much and where? lol, sorry for all the questions!

Nac's22
03-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I got line-x in my truck and lets just say that it will be the first or second thing i do to every truck that I buy for the rest of my life.

derekhonda
03-29-2009, 12:05 PM
I had it done at a linx place, no idea how they did it. But yeah my truck was in real bad shape along the rockers and then also my door jam was starting to rust aswell so we took care of that also.

NacsMXer
03-29-2009, 12:41 PM
The Rhino lining is a lot softer than the Line-X. What it has going over the Line-X is it is a lot softer so you get more grip/less sliding of your cargo. But that makes it a lot more prone to tearing if you drop a sharp object on it at the same time. Get the Line-X if you want something that is rock-solid durable but are willing to sacrifice a little grip.

derekhonda
03-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
The Rhino lining is a lot softer than the Line-X. What it has going over the Line-X is it is a lot softer so you get more grip/less sliding of your cargo. But that makes it a lot more prone to tearing if you drop a sharp object on it at the same time. Get the Line-X if you want something that is rock-solid durable but are willing to sacrifice a little grip.

All that maybe true, but I never had a problem with anything sliding, in fact at the time I dont think that tool box was even bolted in.

python952
03-29-2009, 01:11 PM
thanks derekhonda. if you dont mind me asking, about what would it cost to do just the sides of the truck similar to what you have done?

mcwilly
03-29-2009, 01:40 PM
derek, that looks pretty good.
I just went to have my windows tinted at a place that does custom work to cars/trucks. He quoted me $399 for a spray on liner. Say's it's made by "Tough" (or maybe "Tuff"). Anyway, says it comes w/ a lifetime warranty. Anybody have any experience w/ Tough liners?

derekhonda
03-30-2009, 08:38 AM
I think it was 250 per side and 500 for the bed, so all in all it was right around a grand. I do think i had some kind of a discount, i knew the guy and i think he gave me 20% off, But, then again I saved a bundle in car was soap! Oh and running full speed with a grocery cart and nailing the side of your truck and watching people just scratch their heads....worth it!