PDA

View Full Version : hotrods stroker question

78ta
03-29-2009, 12:11 AM
I have a +4mm hotrods stroker crank and I just installed it and the counterbalancer in 1 half of the case, my question is, how mutch clearance does it need between the counterbalancer and rod does it need? It is pretty tight now, less than the stocker.

I bought the crank, and it didn't come with any directions, and it had 2 diff part numbers on the box..4140 and 4240. From what I can gather, the 4140 crank was the old part that needed "counterbalancer clearancing" and the new 4240 did not.

I'm just trying to figure out which one I have and what I need to do as far as clearancing counterbalancer if I need to.

Has anyone installed both old and new stroker cranks, and what was the difference in the cranks? The rod on the crank I have has been clearanced a little bit where it gets close to the counterbalancer, but I don't know if it is enough.

I have been talking to hotrods, but they don't have any info on the old style 4140 part number that they used to sell. So I'm kinda SOL unless someone else has done both stlyle 4140 and 4240 cranks.

Sanddraging28
03-29-2009, 04:31 PM
the only 460 stroker kits i have built have been the newer crank. have you measured the clearance?? you only need about .012 to .015
i had to have my falicon rod clearanced but its a lot beefier than the hot rods

78ta
03-29-2009, 05:28 PM
.012-.015" ??? thats not mutch, I have like .025" clearance on the balancer weight and less than that on the center web part of the counterweight.

they have min clearance needs to be atleaste .040" on powroll instructions.

I'm prob gonna clearance the counterweight some......I will feel a lot better.

Did you ever clearance the balancer too, or was it just the rod?

Sanddraging28
03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
sorry...i had complete thoughts in my head just didn't type them all. i added about .015 to what i had for clearance. that made about .050. i only clearance the rod.