PDA

View Full Version : rescued my new dog today

joeyds450x
03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
i saved this dog today, she was beated and not taken care of shes really skinny, has cuts and scratches all over, i dont think shes ever had a bath it really pisses me off when people dont take care of there animals, im very happy to have her and glad i got her out of that environment! i went buddys parents house and told them i was takin her. she is a pure bred shar pai, shes very nice and lovie lol just look at her i dnt know how anybody could be mean to such a cute dog!

03pete
03-28-2009, 08:35 PM
VERY cute dog. I also rescued my two dogs. We drove over 100 miles to get one of them we found online. The site told us she weighs "30 pounds", but they didn't tell us she was malnourished. She gained 25 pounds in a month, and looked normal for once.

Sanddraging28
03-28-2009, 10:08 PM
i rescued "brutus" when he was 6 months old. he weighed about 18 pounds. you could count his ribs from a mile away. he's now 8 and has been my K-9 Search And Rescue partner for 5 years. he took to searching better than some purebred high dollar dogs.

joeyds450x
03-28-2009, 11:27 PM
thats awesome guys, im glad theres people like us that care enough to try and help and actually have done something about it, my girlfriend and i gave her her first bath in god knows how long... i thought shed go crazy but she was very calm, i think she just liked all the petting and loving she got today, im really happy that i have her... heres another pic of her!

her name is Fanny Mae

JJs450r
03-29-2009, 01:22 AM
very cool dogs but what out im sure youve heard they are short tempered sometimes, their skin needs alot of work, we i had to wipe down with baby wipes every other day, and give an oatmeal bath once a week the next dog we get will probably be a rescue i think its best way to go

joeyds450x
03-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
very cool dogs but what out im sure youve heard they are short tempered sometimes, their skin needs alot of work, we i had to wipe down with baby wipes every other day, and give an oatmeal bath once a week the next dog we get will probably be a rescue i think its best way to go

ya right now were giving her a bath twice a week, the last owners never washed her, so her skin is all full of sores, she dosnt have many "rolls" on her shes so skinny, im going to take her to the vet rite away monday morning, so far she has been nothing but a sweetheart lol

ridered92
03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
we resuced two of our dogs one was a rottie that was beat and he was the sweetest dog ever so loving and a american eskimo that bit a little kid that was in his dish and messing with him and they were going to shoot him so we took him. when we got the american eskimo (cowboy) he snapped at me when i went to sit on the couch my mom yell at him and he never did it again. we lost both of them ozzy which was the rottie and cowboy the american eskimo to parvo.

JJs450r
03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
ya right now were giving her a bath twice a week, the last owners never washed her, so her skin is all full of sores, she dosnt have many "rolls" on her shes so skinny, im going to take her to the vet rite away monday morning, so far she has been nothing but a sweetheart lol

ya oatmeal baths or shampoo with oatmeal will def help clear it up my sister got a rescued blue pit and they are known for skin problems and oatmeal was the cure

Bryson#221
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Right on! Thanks for doing such a good service. She is absolutely beautiful. My family rescued a dog similar to Fany Mae- his name is Bryer and he's 1/2 Dalmation and 1/2 Shar Pei. I've never seen another dog quite like him. Like others have said on this forum, he DOES have very very oily skin. You can give him a bath and just a few hours later, he's stinky again. His ears also need cleaned about once a week with this squirt bottle solution since Shar Peis have a weird ear canal...it's almost twisted with a very little opening, otherwise they get ear infections. So they're pretty high maintenance dogs, but very loving! Here's my pups :)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/Jasmine01_Renae/l_f37d13a0f05cf5f1435a4fd244ed97b6.jpg

&

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/Jasmine01_Renae/1325906459_l.jpg

joeyds450x
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
that second pic is probably the cutest puppie ive ever seen, ya we just got back from the vet, i clipped one of her nails to short and clipped the quick so it wouldnt stop bleeding, while i was there, they gave her all her shots and took care of her ears, they taught me how to do it and gave me lots of ear drops and shots, she has a really bad ear infection and mites, hopefully i can take care of the problem for her... i feel so bad for her....

troyleepred719
03-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Keep at it pal. Your doing a damn good thing!! I rescued my big fella from the Humane Society, and hes been my best friend since.

reptikes
03-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by joeyds450x

her name is Fanny Mae

Thought that was a little gay at first... took me a minute to get it PERFECT NAME!