PDA

View Full Version : Stolen!!!!

booneTRX
12-29-2002, 01:17 PM
My 2000 400ex was stolen last nite from my house!!!!!!

Please help get the word out. I will offer a reward for info leading to the recovery of my quad.

Dan

boonetrx@sherbtel.net

I no longer have pics of a small enuff size to post. If some one can help, let me know. I had pics posted here when it was for sale.

Syrus
12-29-2002, 01:23 PM
well thats just shight... I have the best thing for my quad, it will never be stolen ! i have a steel shed re-inforced with tubular steel ( ya i prolly didnt spell that right.. ) but its like 1 ton, and cant be broken into. :)

Sorry to hear about ur quad mate.. :(

CHAUNCY
12-29-2002, 01:26 PM
sorry to hear hope ya get it back soon

DaveEX7
12-29-2002, 01:28 PM
i juss got done readin a post about bein scammed, now someones quad is stolen, theres like 5 people that juss got their quads lifted last nite and they arent on exriders.. cant people juss earn their money and buy something for once

and the peple that steal them are stupid cause ur prob gonna hear the quad around town and if people recognize it, there screwed in the ear.... sorry about the quad man, if/when u do get it back get one of those steal proof thingys

trx400ex
12-29-2002, 03:16 PM
Here is a pic of it

Ben
12-29-2002, 03:27 PM
I am going to start late this week on a stolen quad mini section of the site to help combat these worthless thieves. Sorry about your loss :(

Ben

Ryan
12-29-2002, 03:30 PM
Well since everyone is getting there quads stolen latley you can learn from this and try to lock it up as tight as possible. Some of us just park it in the back yard and expect no one to come and take it. Also get insurance for next time. Sorry to hear about that. Put up wanted posters and rewards and it should turn up. If you live in a small town, people talk and its not easy to get away with a stolen quad in the same town as you.

optikid123
12-29-2002, 03:31 PM
thats a great idea ben

yellowex01
12-29-2002, 05:11 PM
Everyone needs to quit listing all those expensive mods and where you live.. All it takes is to lurk in these forums and read where everyone lives, start making some innocent posts and they can figure out most things about ya. Just my .02

yellowex01
12-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Not to accuse anyone but in your sig you said you sold your 99. How long ago was it sold? Did you sell it to someone you know? Just something to ponder..

joeroadking
12-29-2002, 05:54 PM
sorry to here that man. Thouse *******s should have there hands cut off like they do in other countrys !

trx400ex
12-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Another tip is to let everyone know about your gun arsenal

"This vehicle is protected by Smith&Wesson"

I think the best thing to do is keep it in a garage, and get insurance. Have your buddies keep an eye out at local or area riding places parks.

flyin#5
12-29-2002, 06:06 PM
i looked up your town on mapquest and i dont live too far from you so ill keep my eye open for that 400ex. if i see it ill make my dad run em off the road and then beat the living ***** of of em.:devil goog luck finding it too.

SGA
12-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex

I think the best thing to do is keep it in a garage, and get insurance. Have your buddies keep an eye out at local or area riding places parks.
Man, i'm sorry to hear that. Mine got lifted too, had lots of mods. Its like it fell off the face of the earth. Keep looking, it will turn up.

Juggalo
12-29-2002, 11:05 PM
man that sucks..i know what its like to have your quad stolen. if you don't mind bending the truth a little tell your insurance company that you used it to maintain your property.

Team Outlaw #34
12-29-2002, 11:16 PM
hey....i'll keep a look out for your quad....:(

JTRtrx250r
12-30-2002, 12:42 AM
That crap makes me sick!!!I hate theifs!!Get a dog,they are another set of eyes and ears,ya dont need a "killer" type pooch,just 1 that will bark and aleart you and in most cases the loser will quickly get the hint!!Sorry to hear that,good luck to you!!:( :grr

KASCHAK
12-30-2002, 02:05 AM
im probely alittle late on this thread but i would like to say that it sux, that someone will stoop to that level to steal someone elses quad.

my friend had a brand new team alba banshee didnt even have it a week and he had it in his carage chained down with the key and everything out and figured it would be save. Well someone got a tortch and melted his carage door, big door that put your car in, where the key is and the handle and melted a hole in it and opened the garage door cut the chains with bolt cutters and took all his ridding gear everything even stole some tools.

he got another banshee just a regular one and now he has the quad behind his car chained down and has a little switch hiddin on it that will not let ya start it. and he has it garded with a half wolf / great dane. and he keeps all his stuff in the garage.

sorry to hear about your quad being stolen and it as a wrestler on tv used to say D.T.A dont trust anybody.

KASCHAK
12-30-2002, 02:07 AM

z400ACDC
12-30-2002, 06:13 AM
Do any of you keep an intercom on in the garage. I keep a base in our bedroom on and I can here anything that moves. Don't forget to turn off the aircompresser. It scares the **** out of you in the middle of the night. Those little Intercoms are cheap. About 30 bucks at wallmart.

300exryder
12-30-2002, 06:20 AM
sorry to hear about the loss -

i had a friend that purchased a used 99 banshee for 2800. he was looking for a good deal and he found it. 3 months later he was riding in a local pit when a couple kids in a pickup told him that the banshee was theirs. after the police being called and the VIN matching the kids #'s -- he had to return it to them -- and he lost out on 2800 -- no reward, refund, and he was never able to find the kid that sold it to him in the first place

Moral of the story - try taking a drive to your local pits/riding areas on a busy day.

250rfreak
12-30-2002, 08:24 AM
my friend had his brand new 250ex and recon stolen last night too but his parents saw the guy ran him off the road and called the police, now their in jail for robbery and something else i hope you find you quad.

infantry317
12-30-2002, 08:55 AM
Sorry dude, I'll keep an eye out also! :mad:

booneTRX
12-30-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks TRX400EX for posting a pic. Thanks everyone for your support. To all MN EXRiders: watch for a cheap 400 being sold in the Anoka area, I have a tip on something sneaky with someone working at the DMV. ;)

HondaRancherES
12-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Soory to hear that. When and if you find em beat the shi! out of em

Guy400
12-30-2002, 05:03 PM
Boone, I'm really sorry to hear that. As a past victim of quad theft I hope your outcome is better than mine was. Good luck in getting it back.

BassBunny26
12-30-2002, 05:10 PM
OMG... that sux!! thats horrible!! why do people insist on doing stuff like that...thats wrong. well next time chain the thing up haha...(not funny) but did u have it in a garage or something??? hopefully u didnt leave it outside!! well good luck finding it....i hope u do! :(

raptor_02
12-30-2002, 06:37 PM
man i'm very sorry to hear that. Rewards and pics are definetely a good idea. Don't give up, you will find it!! I hate theifs. ***in basterds are to damn lazy to work it out and buy their own ****. I wish cops and the goverment would start getting a whole lot stricter on this. It seems quads are getting stolen everywhere. Well anyways good luck to ya on finding your quad, keep us informed