PDA

View Full Version : quad TT websites

johnson23honda
03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Iv been racing for quite a while now, and this year im going to give TT racing a try, but I know very little about it as far as quad setup, tire selection, track conditions, things of that nature. Im looking for any kind of info I can get my hands on to learn as much as I can before the season starts. iv been searching for some TT sites to find but im coming up dry. If anybody knows of any sites or has any info that they are willing to share with me that would be great. im also looking for some TT tires, if anybody knows of some forsale, or at least anyplace where I can buy some. Thanks a bunch guys.

06 Honda 450R
03-28-2009, 10:36 PM
the first thing is try to get the quad like 3 inches off the ground, get wide aarms and axle, equal weight on all tires, try to get a sway bar, preferably rath, get either american racer tires or hoosiers, try to go with 9 psi in all tires, if you spin too much take out a couple psi, if to boggy put in some, the tires will come with the right amount of tread for really really hard packed dirt, if the track is loose, have someone groove the tires, the most important thing is to lean really far over in every corner, hope this helps

johnson23honda
03-29-2009, 11:44 AM
yes that helps alot, the more info I have now the better ill do later. I have everything as far as quad setup goes except the tires. I do alot of ice racing so the setup seems to be pretty much the same. where are some good sites to buy new tires. and what are the most common tire sizes for the front and the back. thanks again.

patrickj75
03-29-2009, 12:41 PM
3 inches off the ground is way too low. You want to be around 4.5 to 5" of ride height. Get a swaybar righ away. Air pressure varies depending on track conditions. If it's tacky you can run maybe 10 to 12 up front and around 10 in the rear. Baldwin told me not to run less than 8 psi. The tire will cup in the center and won't hook up as well. For tire sizes run 18x6x10 up front and 18x10x10 in the rear. Check the "for sale" section here or check Ebay for tires. I know Daryl Rath from Rath Racing has a ton of tires he needs to get rid of. You can call him at 320-234-7223.

LuckyOxygen
03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
The guy above me was more correct about air psi. It will vary from track to track and it can even change on the same night at the same track. What bike are you riding? Low end torque is key...and a swaybar is a must. I have a nice sway bar and a good set of front tires(same size as mentioned) that i will sell you..just pm me and i will tell you a lot more!

johnson23honda
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
im riding a 450r my quad should be all setup, i do alot of ice racing so i already have the aarms shocks axel lowering strut and sway bar. my motor im hopeing should be good enough to compete. full baldwin pipe, baldwin 14:1, baldwin port and polish, hotcam stage 2. I think the only thing i need will be the tires. I want to just get a decent pair of used tires from someone, but I cant even find a website that sells flattrack tires.

LuckyOxygen
03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
yea it sounds like you should be good then... i have a set a front tires in good shape. have some rears but they are pretty wore

johnson23honda
03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I thank all you guys for the info that you have givin me

Beaudacious
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
does anyone dirt track race in SW ontario Canada? built my quad for TT and only place that allows quads is Welland CountySpeeway 3 hrs from me ill drive if i can compete but if iget my *** beat no sense in driving plus "luckyoxygen" much for swaybar

Snoopy450r
03-31-2009, 12:08 AM
im in northeast MN, by Duluth theres probly 5 or so tracks in the state with about a dozen races this year. maybe you should move to the US. JK. Or you could always get some ice tires and stud them up. Its just like TT but on an plowed track on the lakes. Thats what we also do here, thats some of the most fun I ever have.