PDA

View Full Version : PVL question

yfz450bb07
03-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I just got a 07 drr 50 L/C, and i used to have a kasea 70 with a pvl. Will the pvl fit on the l/c 50?

Also I have a Hetrick pipe that was also on the kasea will it work on the l/c? thanks.

jerkyboy
03-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes it all should fit. You will get more out of the pipe
with a aftermarket cylinder.

bulldogfallon
03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Keep in mind, that most 50 classes don't allow for these changes...if you are racing that is.

Most run a form of a limited class, so I recomend checking your local rules before doing anything

I don't know if that is a pipe that would work best for your set up.

50s are finicky little machines...what works on 70s and 90s doesn't always work on a 50.

PVL is a good idea, but the pipe will require clutching and carb adjustments to work

yfz450bb07
03-29-2009, 09:59 AM
In our local series you can run what you want. We will be running the worcs races which he does have to run in the stock class which is why i was just wondering about bolt on parts that i can take back off when it comes to the worcs races. I was just wondering if the drr had the small tapor or not. As far as the pipe, what about just going with a stock 90 one. Which aftermarket cylinder is the best?? Maybe the one thats going to be on the new 09 50r??

desratt
03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
this is right off of the worcs rulebook for the stock 50 class

CVT ONLY, Tires, Sprockets, Handle Bars, Front Bumper, Nerf Bars, Twist Throttle may be changed ONLY!

yfz450bb07
03-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I am fully aware of the rules for the worcs series for the 50 class. If you read the hole post it says I was just wondering if the existing parts that i have will work on the 50.

desratt
03-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I wasn't being an a hole about it.. just thought it would be god info for the thread.

bulldogfallon
03-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by yfz450bb07
In our local series you can run what you want. We will be running the worcs races which he does have to run in the stock class which is why i was just wondering about bolt on parts that i can take back off when it comes to the worcs races. I was just wondering if the drr had the small tapor or not. As far as the pipe, what about just going with a stock 90 one. Which aftermarket cylinder is the best?? Maybe the one thats going to be on the new 09 50r??

We really like that DRX90 pipe a lot....makes good power and is cost effective...

I have heard of guys using the Hetrick pipe on their 50...they all seemed to be using a really stiff torque spring to get the quad to turns rpms without the belt engaging too early