PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions??

426ex88
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
I just put on a FMF Powercore 4 exhaust. Today I got time and installed my jet kit. Everything went good putting it in. I used a Dyno Jet 128 main jet, didnt touch the needle or the pilot jet. I also didnt mess with the mixture screw that it said to adjust. I did adjust for idle tho. Well my question is did I use a big enough jet for the exhaust I used and the UNI filter I put on?? Also what is a good way to find out if you have your jetting right? Should I of adjusted the mixture screw? I did ride it around the yard a couple of times and seemed to run good. Didnt backfire or anything. I just need someone to tell me I did everything right. Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before, sort of new to the whole quad thing. Any input would be nice. Thanks Jake

dirtdawg
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
as long as it doesn't fall on its face when you give it some gas and there is no popping, it should be good. it sounds like you got it to me. adjust the mix screw if you feel the need to.

sl2fast
03-28-2009, 08:38 PM
when i got my 300ex, it had an uni filter and full dg exhaust and they were running a 122 main. seemed too small for me, so id say if its running good, and your plugs look good you'll be fine.

Tommy Warren
04-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by sl2fast
when i got my 300ex, it had an uni filter and full dg exhaust and they were running a 122 main. seemed too small for me, so id say if its running good, and your plugs look good you'll be fine.

your right the 122 is too small because thats the stock jet. a 128 should be sufficient but just keep removing your plug and checking it. black and dirty is too rich, white and burnt looking is too lean, you want a nice golden brown!!