PDA

View Full Version : GLAMIS whats the scoop?

Ebrown
03-27-2009, 07:38 AM
So im already to plan my trip to glamis for new years, but my buddy is trying to talk me outta it. He is trying to tell me how bad the california mexican border is right now. He says all these kidnapings are going on and it just isnt safe? Does he know what hes talking about, or what? Any locals to the area got any feedback on this thanks. Ohh he was mainly concerned about the girls? So whats up?

dariusld
03-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Since Glamis is in the U.S., I don't think you have to worry about it:D Everything is happening south of the border. I would worry more about the drunk people in Glamis. If you are a party kinda guy, new years is a good time to go. If you like to ride, a non holiday is better. They say Glamis is really rowdy, but if camp in the right area, you will be fine. And there are even less rowdy places in the Imperial sand dunes besides Glamis that are just as fun.

upinsmoke
03-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Glamis is fine i go out there all year round don't have any problems at all. It's the farthest dunes from the border.

glamiskid395
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
glamis is alot safer now than it was 5 or 6 years ago before they started charging 'admission' and before they had CHP and more rangers around all the time.

and since the economy is bad right now, there are not many crazys, more people that actually ride instead of sit at the bottom of the main hills like oldsmobile.

as far as kidnappings...never heard of any at glamis

Jackie
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
There is a riding area on the boarder, we rode there 4 years ago and was weaving in and out of the stakes that say US boarder. I didn’t see anyone running across.. lol we stayed at the Glamis flats. This is where the big rigs and tents mix. Family type area. Just watch out when riding in camping type areas the kids like to dig big holes in the sand and you won’t see them till you are on top of them. You will have a blast. Try to make friends with the local riders, they will show you the best of the best there.
Gee now I want to plan another trip..
Have fun
:cool:

IGOTSAND
04-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Glamis is pretty safe place to ride and camp....
On big holidays like new year's it's a zoo out there, I never go out there on the big holidays cause most people go out there to party and not to ride. Then you have a lot of people drinking and then riding=people getting hurt:scary:
I have never heard of people getting kidnapped in glamis, only in baja people are getting kidnapped.
If you don't know the dunes, befriend some people at the nearby camps and they will show you the way, so you don't get lost....trust me many people get lost out there :blah:

ride4life521
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
hey wanted to head out there presidents weekend feb 18th.... is it crazy there? like a lot of partying and stuff.... boobs, girls, stripper poles....or is that just all hyped up online ...

should i not take the fam?