PDA

View Full Version : Still having engine problems!?

Lynch01ex
03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Alright guys still having problems with my motor burning somthing or another. I had a previous post saying anti freeze now im not so sure. Its doesnt smoke at all until it gets up to 150 and when i get on it for a little stretch it starts smoking pretty good and wont stop smoking from there on. After i get it back in the shop turn it off it still has smoke rolling out of the silencer and smells like somthing is burning. Im pretty well confused right now. Any help would be great!!! Incase you didnt read previous post i just got done breaking in new piston cylinder from C-Leigh.
Thanks Blake

BERT306
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
did u recently put on a new silencer or a fresh repack?

My new esr silencer will start smokin a tad when it gets warmed up. Smokes a tad after i shut it off too.

If only it were that easy huh.

Honda 250r 001
03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
look at your plug. did you take your head off and see if your o rings are damaged? Im still betting thats the prob. if you haev checked and its NOT leaking. run it. HARD. and see if it still smokes after about 10 inches of ridin. mayber thers oil in the exhaust or silencer. or in the bottom end. its hard to tell without knowing more.

Lynch01ex
03-28-2009, 02:17 PM
I never thought about the packing. When i was breaking it in i had it running really rich to the point were oil was spitting out the silencer. It very well could be the packing getting hot enough to burn the oil out of it. when shut the quad down smells like somthing is burning not the anti freeze smell. Could that be? Also ive already took head off and o rings were fine and seemed to be sealed good. Guess ill ride it and see what happens. Any other thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks

bluetrx
03-29-2009, 12:06 PM
it could also be your center case gasket between your crankcase and transmission allowing it to suck out your tranny oil. keep an eye on that oil level.