PDA

View Full Version : what do u guys think of this?

HiperEX
12-29-2002, 12:32 AM
Im goin to be riding on ice pretty soon and would u think this would work i got some v bar tire chains for christmas and i was thinking to make me turn better put some screws in middle of the front tires on like every center stock tire lugs and take some air pressure out of the rears and then put the chains on then air them back up so the chains are nice and tight think this would help at on better on the ice?

wheeltrax
12-29-2002, 12:34 AM
It should help ya get some grip. Where in wisconsin are you located. I am still waiting for the ice down here to get good and solid before i take my quad on it.

killed300ex
12-29-2002, 06:08 AM
first with the ide screw you will only want like 1 ow of screws down the center of the tire. Its all you need and more than that is a waste and a pain in the but.
Now on to the back completly deflate the tire take the inflater nozzel thing out inside the air stem so it is deflated and you can push the tire in. Then but the chains on as tight as you can (this is why u want the tire deflated so much so yoou can grab that extra link of chain if push the tire in.) Then inflate the tire to alot more than usuall to get it really tight. There is no reason you cant run a lil more psi during the winter my freind and i are runing about 10 psi with our chains. After you get that on as tight as you can gake some metal wire as think as you can soesnt have to be all that thick you want to be able to bend it with some easy and wire the 2 sides of each tire. To do that you cut a peice of wire long enbough ot go from one edge of the chin to the other then connect those two ends of wire then take a bolt put it betwen the two wires and twist is to that it pulls the edges of chain together. It will take a while to do but its better than having to buy all new plastics if a chain goes up through the fender. Also the chains work really well in snow makes it so you gan go through snow with ease. they kinda act like small paddles.
Killed

HiperEX
12-29-2002, 02:42 PM
ok thanks for the info, wheelertrax im am located in a small town of Highland about 15-20 miles from Dodgeville if you know where that is.