PDA

View Full Version : fresh 250x rebuild,weird noise,questions

85spraybomb
03-26-2009, 04:40 AM
ok just finished rebuilding my 87 250x
Weisco 12:1 Piston&Rings,Cometic Top End Gaskets,Honed Cylinder,New Clutch,etc.
got it all back together,and its making noise,almost like a valve tick,but i adjusted the valves,and thats not it,but this is pretty loud.
im running 93 octane too BTW.
ill see if i can make a video of the noise so you guys can help me diagnose it.
but does anyone have any ideas?
the only idea i had was,that since i sandblasted my cylinder,when i was tightened the head-cylinder bolts,they wont tighten all the way down,they get wayy tight,almost making me think they have dirt in them,so im gunna need to take it apart again,and clean the threads,so the bolts can seat fully,because the one of them,kinda tuchs the exhaust valve spring.
any other ideas?
-Kenny

banker30
03-26-2009, 08:30 AM
not really sure but i did a big bore true 300cc on mine with a 12:1 and blah blah and it has a ticking sound to and the valves are fine

250xfreak
03-26-2009, 09:07 AM
make sure your decompressor is not hitting your rocker arm, sometimes if the cable is removed or the spring is weak it will cause that to happen.

frank parvin
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
check the cam gear bolts i just put my sons motor in after pulling a all nighter and must not of got the cam gear tight it was queit till the 3rd dyno pull then noisy . good thing i didnt hert any thing else , lucky i guess

PA250x
03-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I am in the process of rebuilding my 87 250X as well. Where did you find your Weisco piston? I have been looking all over, but can not find one. I also need new rockers. My cam bearing came apart and destroyed my stock cam, piston, and rockers. I am putting a hot cam in, but want a Weisco piston and need rockers too. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

THank you!

turbo appex
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
call shawn at sms (snyder motor sports)