PDA

View Full Version : Oil injection removal

Hemi636
03-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I just got 2 DRR 70's for my boys, and am very impressed so far with the performance in stock form. I'm going to pre-mix the fuel, and was wondering what is the best way to bypass the oil injection?

I'm sure this has been covered before. I tried looking through the past posts, but for some reason I can only go back 11 pages,
So what is the best way to remove the oil injection from a DRR 70?

Would it hurt anything if I just plugged the oil tube? or is there a better way?

Thanks

riding4fun
03-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes, you can drain the oil tank and just plug the line that leads to the carb. Some have just put a couple bb's in the line that connects to the carb.

bulldogfallon
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
You can also remove the oil injector nipple from the intake manifold and replace it with a screw of the same thread type.

Then you can remove all of the hoses and the tank to have a cleaner look and make it easier to work on.

Also--You may want to get a single line for the throttle cable as it helps reduce thumb fatigue in younger riders.

Hemi636
03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. Got them off today.

skyeryder
03-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey gary, i was your missed call about 6pm tonight, anyways got a ??? along with this removal thing, we have a 50 we're working on that someone had already took the injection stuff off of, where the cable goes in to the bottom end by the fly wheel they just left it open theres a hole there, is this okay or can dirt and stuff get in there, haven't taken it part yet to see what all is there thanks for the help. Hope that makes sense....

Originally posted by bulldogfallon
You can also remove the oil injector nipple from the intake manifold and replace it with a screw of the same thread type.

Then you can remove all of the hoses and the tank to have a cleaner look and make it easier to work on.

Also--You may want to get a single line for the throttle cable as it helps reduce thumb fatigue in younger riders.

drxracing
03-31-2009, 01:24 AM
If you scroll down to the bottom of page you will see this Showing threads 1 to 35 of 363, sorted by thread title last post
you can go all the way bac k as far as a year