PDA

View Full Version : can't get header off

tman12345
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm having trouble getting the header off of my quad when your looking at it from the front of the quad the right side pipe on the header, the metal thing that slides over the two studs won't come off. it comes to around the top of the studs but then it starts to be a tight fit. i'm afraid to really force it off and not be able to get it back on. is it posiible the slidey thing is bent or are they all like that. could i just take the studs out? how would I do that?

rob_990
03-25-2009, 07:51 PM
yea mine was hard to get off too i had to keep prying mine with a screw driver going on both sides of it then it i finally got it off.then i bent my studs but they were rusted anyway and there cheap and easy to replace.

dariusld
03-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by tman12345
. it comes to around the top of the studs but then it starts to be a tight fit.

I have the same problem. I just force it off and then it goes back on easier than coming off. My header flanges are aluminium though, so they don't mess up the studs. Taking off the studs should be your last option. Its not easy to take the studs off with the header still on unless they are already loose, but I doubt thats the case.

tman12345
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
alright, i'll try to take it off again probably next week