PDA

View Full Version : no spark

jeminiii6
03-25-2009, 06:36 PM
this is driving me crazy! i have an 87 honda 250x in excellent condition except sometimes it will not start. for instance on friday it started right up, i rode it onto a trailer, on sat am we drove about an hour pushed it off the trailer no spark..then it started after about fifteen mins..then as i was riding it just shut down..for five hours i couldnt get spark..was able to hold the plug connected but out of the cylinder while my friend kicked it over and it didt shock me so i assume no spark..i gave up and didnt ride..then the next day after it sat out overnight my friend kicked it over on the first try...any particular areas to look for in the electrical system? wires? hardware pieces?

jeminiii6
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
oh i also wanted to add..sometimes i have seen the reverse light indicator flicker or light up when i am driving forward..could a short in the reverse light mechanism or loose connector cause no spark

banker30
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
had the same problem on my 300ex.. took off the reverse box and had spark.. it was indicating that the quad was in reverse so it would not spark

jeminiii6
03-26-2009, 07:42 AM
thanks for the response...did you put the reverse box back on? did you replace it? do you still have reverse?

banker30
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
well i race mx on mine so theres no reverse at all..if you dont have spark without it just put it back on..also make sure your fuse it good under the seat and check for spark coming from the stator and voltage regulator