PDA

View Full Version : cam chain

knoxville9
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
hey all I put in new kibble white valves and valves springs and while i was in there i put in a new cam chain and piston rings and my cam chain still continues to tick and like hum extremely loud all the time why?

ifixtheyride
03-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Better take it apart and inspect it maybe you missed something when putting it back together like the chain guides not seated right or your cam chain tensioner spring not in there. Did you reinstall the guide on top of the cam sprockets?You shouldn't be hearing it that loud is it the stock cams?

knoxville9
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
yea everything is there for sure but i understand why you'd be thinking that about the cams but no i dont have hot cams cause i know they tick real bad i will probably take the valve cover off and maybe the head and take a look thanks for your input =)

quad97
03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
check the tooth condition on the cam chain tensioner. I had the teeth strip off of mine once so the chain could compress the spring. Made a terrible noise and wrecked my chain from it whipping in there.

knoxville9
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
thanks alot i really hope thats it im taking it into the shop this week anyway to get my exhaust valves re shimmed maybe they'll notice it