PDA

View Full Version : Seat covering is a *****

Honda 250r 001
03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
so i took my seat cover off my trx 250r a few days ago. And when i went to put the new cover on. i could not get the stapes to go through the plastic. I tried a electric staple gun, i tried puttin the pan in the sun and i also tried the expensive staples. Still with no luck. How does every one else do it?

D Bergstrom
03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Every time I have had to install a seat cover, I take it to the local upholstery shop. Pay him $15 and he does it while I wait. (maybe 10 minutes) Sure beats me trying to do it.

Doug

Pro1200
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I normally put seat cover in sun for few hours..then its real easy when using the staple gun..have someone hold it while you staple

Honda 250r 001
03-25-2009, 09:40 AM
well i just might have to do that. i never gave that a thought. i have one more thing to try. an air stapler. if that does not work im gonna take it somewhere.

Honda 250r 001
03-25-2009, 09:42 AM
i have another problem too. my seat cover has aged over the years and where i most commmonly sit is squishing more than the other spots. could i take a piece of thin foam and put it there before i put the cover on or am i doomed?

love2rideatvs
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I've always put my seat cover in my clothes dryer for a couple minutes then take it out and put it on. I've used electric staplers and air staplers. I had a problem with the electric staples going in where there was a tight spot but every where else they went in fine. The air stapler went in great everywhere. I would definitely recommend getting an air stapler.

trx310R#24
03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
i have another problem too. my seat cover has aged over the years and where i most commmonly sit is squishing more than the other spots. could i take a piece of thin foam and put it there before i put the cover on or am i doomed?

iv seen people add more foam an it look ok but then i seen others that don't look so good... if you want to add foam take it some were

86 Quad R
03-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001

i just covered a seat night b4 last and used a "Power Shot" stapler with short staples. and it is best to have assistance when doing this. otherwise you'll look like a monkey mating with a football. lol

in regard to the squished area........ go by a local upholstery shop and get a section of the thin double sided silk covered foam. works great and will cover any imperfections. :cool:

05LSR250R
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
If you have a seat cover that has vinyl sides on it....DO NOT GET IT HOT! before you install it! The clear will seperate from the rest! I have a K&K seat cover that has vinyl sides. I installed it cold. I used an electric stapler and it worked fine. Make sure you reall hold that stapler down tight to the cover. As mentioned before....have a friend help you with the install!

xlr810
03-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Use the shortest staples you can find. Sharpen the whole row of staples on a bench grinder by making a very gradual angle on both sides. Hold the stapler firm to the pan. If they still don't go in, then get yourself a stronger stapler.

honda380
03-28-2009, 08:23 AM
i did mine with a friend and a arrow t50 staple gun. took a bit of muscle to hold the gun down hard enough, but in the end i surprised myself with how good it looked.