PDA

View Full Version : tattoo ideas please

XxXsupa-flyXxX
03-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm turning 18 soon and I want to get a tattoo about my brother that passed away last year. I want it to be down my ribs but im not sure what. I was thinking some kind of chinese or japanese symbols but I couldn't find anything to do with I want. If anyone here has any good ideas please post them up!

k4f5x0r
03-24-2009, 07:40 PM
did he ride? if so maybe something that says

Keep On Riding
#(whatever his was)

just an idea and what i would do if i ever had a buddy that passed who was a good riding friend.

AbnMP13
03-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Don't have an idea for ya but I've got 7 tattoos and the one on the ribs HURT!

Good luck, sorry about your brother...

XxXsupa-flyXxX
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
no he didn't ride but that would be a good one. If anyone could find symbols that ment " In loving memory of my brother" or something like that i would appreciate it. I have tried looking for japanese and chinese symbols that say something like that but i had no luck

ben300
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by XxXsupa-flyXxX
I'm turning 18 soon and I want to get a tattoo about my brother that passed away last year. I want it to be down my ribs but im not sure what. I was thinking some kind of chinese or japanese symbols but I couldn't find anything to do with I want. If anyone here has any good ideas please post them up!

do a calaboration of symbols of things that were important to you adn your brother, or of things that you shared between you and brother..that way you can see that and remember it for ever.

six_duece_z400
03-24-2009, 11:08 PM
get a portrait tattoo. chinese and japanese symbols are not good memorial tribute tattoo unless your he was chinese or japanese. if you have a bunch of symbols on your side whos gonna know what it means. If you have a portrait with a banner and the dates then they will know....................just my opinion, take it how you will.

bdiddy72187
03-24-2009, 11:11 PM
sorry for your loss. I have a memorial tat for one of the best friends I ever had that passed this last October. If you go the Kanji route or any foreign lettering or symbols for that matter, please be sure to research the hell out of the meaning. any way that you think you could find info on it try. a buddy of mine wanted the kanji for strength and 3mos after the tattoo (that he brought to the artist by the way) he found out it was for pig. lol

liljhall09
03-25-2009, 07:09 AM
my cousin's buddy passed away in a car accident and he got a cross with his buddy's initials going down the cross , its looked pretty awesome !

05LSR250R
03-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Give us a little more info and background on your brother.

Quad18star
03-25-2009, 10:11 AM
I'll be going in to get another one done soon . My daughter passed away on March 4th of this year so I want to get something that will always remind me of her.

I'm going to be getting a cross with a small banner going through it with her name and the day she passed away written in it..."Ava 03-04-09". I want it written backwards so that everytime I look in the mirror it will remind me .I also want daisies at the base of the cross since that is the symbol and flower for Spina Bifida. I'll be getting it put on my left upper chest .

05LSR250R
03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear about both your losses!

reptikes
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by XxXsupa-flyXxX

If your brother wasn't Chinese or Japanese i wouldn't get something like that.

Mxjunkie
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
If your brother wasn't Chinese or Japanese i wouldn't get something like that.

Why does it matter if he was from China or Japan? it's a design to show his remorse for the lost of his brother.. I dont see what the heck your talking about? Maybe a little more information would help.. :confused:

03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear about the losses. As for the chinese/japenese idea, I agree unless he was asian I wouldnt get it. Why not get something that you understand without having to look up?

Mxjunkie
03-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Why not get something that you understand without having to look up?

To some people tattooing is an art, I look at it as a blank canvas.. Lettering and symbols are good because it has a meaning behind it to the person who is getting it. They don't have to look it up because they know..

:ermm: