PDA

View Full Version : engine ticking noise loud! 6 months since last valve adjustment

Jessem24
03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
what could it be? iv heard that its the camshaft chain slapping the block. i can hear it at ALL rpms. i thought it was the valves and springs at first but now im scarred. good think im gettin it looked at thursday at the dealership when i get the bars.

if any of you guys know i would greatly appreciate it. i dont talk to effectivly much on here, but now im in desperete need of a logical awnser to this! thanks guys. im only 15 so ik not so much bout this motor. just the basics.

BossHogg420
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
my 07 has been ticking since the day i brought it home and i've checked the valves since the motor's have a natural tick to them unless the motor is running poorly it might just be normal for ya be careful taking it to the dealership.....stealerships pray on people who dont know much about their products becuase it gives them a chance to get ALOT of money out of you...so be careful.

Eviltanker
03-25-2009, 05:49 AM
how loud is it? 400's are known for valve train noise. How many hours on your machine? Just seems alittle soon for a cam chain to be going on an 07'...

n811
03-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Are you sure you got the valve adjustment right and tight? If not it will loosen up cause some noise and can cause other major problems. And yes, they have a normal amount of noisy tick. Its an old design but can withstand some punishment.