PDA

View Full Version : ? what happend to DUNK ?

atvracer33
03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Dose anyone no were Dunk #19 is this year ?

motofreak2772
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I thought he was going to just race west coast or something? not completely sure.

eastside 400
03-24-2009, 05:38 PM
yea hes racing quadcross for golden west yami this year, saw pics of him and his quad in the pic section at bama tho but he wasnt listed as racing so idk what was going on there

quadracer707
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Here is what happened. Raced 1st ITP quadcross took fifth, rear elka shock was trashed, Had a real nice guy wanting to help him out racing limited ATVA AMA racing on off weeks of ITP. Jay was supposed to race last week at Alabama but the thursday before race while testing with a shock man in Georgia, his rear axle split while doing a whoop section & of course busted axle & parts of the frame, Being a privateer he has no extra parts laying in trailer & his shoulder was messed up & still is as of right now, along with bruised ribs. He is hoping to heal his shoulder for Kentucky, & spare parts are arriving for his practice quad. He is committed to ITP 1st so thats how he needs to heel up.
He wants to run both & I asked him to come along with to Kentucky for moral support & to see people that still want to see him race, but it is very hard to watch other pro's race when you know that you should be out there.
Just by letting him know on this thread that there are still fans wanting to see him, even though he might not be racing would be greatly aprreciated,

A close friend who knows he needs a HELL of a brake

jesseweaver
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
he was flying at motorama. always sucks to hear stories like that

SRH
03-24-2009, 10:49 PM
hes a excellent rider, its unfortunate, hes going to have to get in there on his own and show someone they should be helping him, as tight as things are i dont think his name and reputation alone will get him the support he needs, this can be good for a rider though, fuel a fire ,alot of riders have been in his position, they end up getting industry jobs or come back strong and put in top results

motofreak2772
03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
QuadRacer707 you race the SSQSA? It says you live in PA, thats quite a drive lol or do you just come during the winter?

quad2xtreme
03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for bringing up a sore subject again!!!

I had a work emergency and missed the Birch Creek race in 2008 when Jason podium'd in 3rd place. So I knew come hell or high water, I was going this year. I was bummed when he signed to run out west. It would be cool for him to go to Birch Creek even if he didn't race.

I am looking forward to having him as an instructor this summer at Breezewood. It is going to be a blast riding for a week there with Jason for 4 days and Dustin Wimmer for 1 of the days.

Now if Dan could just get John Natalie, Joe Byrd, and Doug Gust there, I would be set.

quadracer707
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
QuadRacer707 you race the SSQSA? It says you live in PA, thats quite a drive lol or do you just come during the winter?

My son raced the SSQSA this year "B" class graduating from MMI next weekend april 4th, then moving back to Pa. Thats were we live,

Ken

quadracer707
03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Thanks for bringing up a sore subject again!!!

I had a work emergency and missed the Birch Creek race in 2008 when Jason podium'd in 3rd place. So I knew come hell or high water, I was going this year. I was bummed when he signed to run out west. It would be cool for him to go to Birch Creek even if he didn't race.

I am looking forward to having him as an instructor this summer at Breezewood. It is going to be a blast riding for a week there with Jason for 4 days and Dustin Wimmer for 1 of the days.

Now if Dan could just get John Natalie, Joe Byrd, and Doug Gust there, I would be set.

I believe that is the 2nd race out west, Just keep rooting for him, he is truely one of the nicest guys out there. He treats my son awesome & has learned so much from him, if he is going to breezewood pay attention as it is all about the little things, most guys can jump 75' in the air, thats not what wins races, its the little things,

Ken

reconmaster
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
dunks an awesome guy. i met him at redbud. he actually approached me on his way to practice and we hung out the next day between motos. real class act. i hope to see him if i make it to unadilla after all i chose my race number after him

Warnerade
03-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I saw him hanging out at Pell City this past weekend for the national, thought he was gonna ride for a second

atvracer33
03-26-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for all info. Quadracer 707 you tell jason that i sure hope to see him at birch creek racin or not this year. His long time friend Robby Whitehead the fill in announcer for Birch Creek,see yall in april !!!

ALAMX37
03-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Me and him know the same shock man. LOL

quadracer707
03-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Iam trying to get him to come to KY with me but it is hard to watch & not race, He is still waiting for practice parts shoulder sore, but still working out. He told me yesterday, he ran the stadium steps at Florida University,,burned 1000 calories so his spirits are high :macho. Hope I can get him to go My son learns a ton from him,

Ken,

According to Jay the shock man is awesome, turned a piece of crap machine into an awesome ride, I told him next time we duct tape him to the quad