PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder boring gone wrong

wyattearp29
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
So I was just wondering if anyone has had cylinder boring job done wrong. I just did and it ruined my whole cylinder. They overbored it. The piston slapped up against the side of the cylinder and rubbed on that side.

Sanddraging28
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
did you bring them the new piston when you went to have it bored?????

if so then the people that bored it are just idiots... i have never had one over bored.

i would call and yell at somebody, and i would have them buy me a new cylinder.

wyattearp29
03-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I did go yell at them . They said they would bore it again for free. They said they can't replace parts because i assembled it. I did bring them the piston.

Sanddraging28
03-24-2009, 09:58 PM
thats a load of bull*****. sounds like they need to find somebody that can read a micrometer!!!!!!! i would never go back there.

907Rider
03-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Damn man that sucks, I'd be so pissed :grr:. If it was me I'd demand my money back and then go to a better shop.

sc400ex_rider
03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
it also kinda sounds like they bored it off center thats why it was rubbing one side. i have a real bore job nightmare. i took it to my rm125 cylinder to the local cycle shop cause my piston and ring blew running 50:1 oil ratio. the ring came out at the exhaust port and wrapped around into the top. it left little pits in the head and also put a deep scratch in the nicasil plating. so i bought a new wiseco piston and sleeve and just wanted them to bore it and press in the sleeve. well the first red flag went up when they said they over bored it and would have to go to the next size up piston. then when i picked it up i notice a crack in the exhaust bridge. they said that happened when they were pressing it in and it would be all right. well it lasted about 2 hours before it ate itself. so i did the right thing and bought a new cylinder and factory piston and it ran like a champ. i still got the piston if anybody wants to see........

n811
03-25-2009, 07:49 AM
WOW! I wonder if that happened to my friends Warrior. It just blew when we started down a trail. We thought it wasn't getting oil on 1 side of the piston. What would I look for to know if it was overbored? does it have a certain look to it?