PDA

View Full Version : Ah ****!

Ryan
12-28-2002, 03:50 PM
Well first off im not good explaining this stuff but here it goes...
On my yamaha blaster I was switching the throttle cable and I was taking off the pulling thing near the idle above the carb and its kinda like alittle bolt that goes from the side with the idle to the other side where the throttle cable hooks on. After I toke that bolt out to get the throttle cable off I was tightening it back on and CRACK. Snapped the D@mn thing off. My question is do you think they would sell this type of bolt thing a ma jig seprately from Yamaha? Thanks

joeroadking
12-28-2002, 03:53 PM
go to yamaha of troys web site and check the online parts guide for part# and availability!

Ryan
12-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks. Knowing my luck that stupid little piece is gonna cost me an arm and a leg.

12-28-2002, 05:22 PM
my advise to you spend 20 bucks hget a new carb cap and a new cable and take off that damn tors system(throtil over ride) the new cap and new cable eliminate the toris. i just ordered a whole new carb and than a new cap and wire too for my bros blaster

bpimpdaddy21
12-28-2002, 06:43 PM
I agree with hondaquadman, I did the same thing to my old Blaster. Solved a lot of problems, and you should also think about getting an injector block off plate, saves you from oil pump seizure.

Ryan
12-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Yeah thats what I might do. What else does it help to get this? And im not gonna worry about the oil injection block off, im getting rid of the quad and I havn't had any problems with it some leave it be for now.

12-28-2002, 06:53 PM
now, i agree with pimpdaddy(haha), i got my blaster from my friend it is a '89. the oilinjector failed and seized my piston. After this happened i decided to do a rebuild(new plastics nerfs tires wisco poston and other crap).i took off the oil injector and inspected it. the damn thing was pluged solid. after that i did some reserch on it, it turns out the injector only mixed at a 18:1 ratio. and u have to use yamagoop(yamalube injector oil) which is the worst oil i have seen... without a doubt.get the injector block off kit it is 20$ and saves ur motor and u can mix at a 32:1 ratio and use any oil u want. that should ahve been the first thing u do to a blaster if u havent done it already.

12-28-2002, 06:57 PM
well getting rid of the toris system is a big benefit. If u look at the thing the throtil cable from the thumb never goes in on one side and on the other side of tors it ingages a nother cable which leads to the carb. this steup can fail on the trails of it gets darty. and there can be a short in the wire somtimes(which i have heard of but never experianced) which will cause it to turn on and off somtimes. it isnt very good when u are hauling and all of the sudden ur blaster tuyrns off for no reason. spend the 20-30$ and get it is it a big help.

la400ex
12-28-2002, 10:07 PM
I agree about the oil injector. Get that thing off. I had a blaster for 3 years. I ran and held up so much better after the injector was gone. I took my tors off also, i put a twist throttle so that got rid of it altogether.

Ryan
12-28-2002, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will probably do the throttle cable thing but for now im not gonna mess the with oil injection block off thing. Is there a way to inspect my oil so I know if I have some sort of clogs in it? Also why is it only mixing 18:1 instead of what it should be 32:1

12-28-2002, 10:16 PM
that is just what they inject at 18:1. i dont know if u can change it i dont even think u can.
to inspect it i dont know i guess spend 20 bucks for the injecotr block off hahah just do it it isnt hard at all.