PDA

View Full Version : Another Free mod???

kennyo1
03-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Has anyone heard of this? I spoke to a huy who races dirt bikes. He told me that it is common to route your carb vent lines into the airbox to burn the fumes. I have never seen this mod mentioned. It seems to make sense. Has anyone tried it????:D

03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
hm never though of that, I run open airbox so I doubt it would make a difference. If anything I would run them into where the oil breather line goes to suck from there in the boot rather than a box. Too much suction on a vent line though couldnt that screw with your fuel supply? I would think it would be like a vacuum line and just keep pulling whatever is on the other side. IDK though.

kennyo1
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes it would mess with your carb if you put the vent lines into the boot. I guess thats why he said to use the airbox. He said its a common trick in dirt bike racing.

honda400ex2003
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
doesn't sound too bad try it out. It could be like a nos sort of if there is enough fumes to burn up in the hoses. If not you are getting alittle mixture before it enters. Send it up the hole at the bottom since it will rise right into the filter then and seal off the hole around it with a bit of silicone just to see if it works. If it doesn't the silicone will come off easy enough when you go to peel it off. Let us know, steve