PDA

View Full Version : """PA,NJ DE Roll Call"""

660raptorman
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Calling all PA, NJ and DE riders.
If you are looking for TRAILS and Crazy Hill Climbs Hazleton is where it’s at. A groups of guys and I are going up next Saturday April 4th. We are meeting up at the Cheltenham Mall around 7am (two hour ride from Philly) sharp. We will be meeting up with a local guy and his crew around 10am to hit the trails.
Note: There are a number of riders going up with trailers and pick up so, let try to pair up as much as possible to save on gas.

To see some of the trails and hill climbs go to You Tube a type in Hazleton Hill Climbs.
Date: April 4th
Time: 7am
Meeting location: Cheltenham Mall
Riding location: Hazleton Pa
Directions: I post them shortly.

lonnie1977
03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
No Responses?

I might be up there next weekend. I park over at Beaver Meadows and make my way over to the big coal hill right there in town via the trails. trails just semem to go on for ever. I could never find my way back to some of the spots I have been. Just so many trails to ride up there.

660raptorman
03-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Man I hear you. This is why we ride only ride with one of the local guys up there. The last time we rode for almost 5 or 6 hrs. We did hills trails and crossed over a few lakes. I was definelty a good day. LMk if you trying to ride. We can try and meet up some where up there. I have a yellow and black 06 700.

bosshogg1
03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
yes man, I'm there with you my dude, we went up there together an man did I have a ball an my baby wasn't running right, but this time I'm ready

BIGCATDAVE
03-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Things are changing in that area a little bit. Don't post your directions or you might come back to your trucks and find they have been impounded. There are a couple cops on quads out there. Chances are, if you are just riding and not causing trouble, they'll let you alone. If you are somewhere you're not supposed to be, and they identify themselves, just leave the area and you'll be fine. I know these guys, they read these forums and their quads are race quality, you won't outrun them.

Bottom line, take your trash with you, ride, behave, load up and go home, no one is gonna give you too much of a hard time.

lonnie1977
03-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Agreed. I have been stoped out there before. As long as you stop take off your helmet and talk to the person 99% you get to go home. You run and get caught it will cost you big $. Most of the trails near Beaver Meadows are marked no tresspassing. I stay off those. Also when you ride through the open minning pits stay away from the machines and the work area. Last keep your machine registered and insured.

660raptorman
03-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Let me say this I DON'T RUN FROM COPS! or anyone for that matter. I don't go into any area knowing that it is illegal.

The first time we rode up there the cops were waiting at our trucks we we got back. The only problem they had with us is that we parked in a bad location. They just said find somewhere else to park. they even gave us suggestion on were to park at.

Check this out. We have a local guy up there who knows first hand what is going on up there. There are no cops out there on the trails were we ride. This area is ATV Friendly. We ride out, camp out and have fun!

venom450r
03-29-2009, 07:43 PM
So Lonnie waits til I can't ride to take another riding trip...thanks buddy.
We took a trip up there last fall and had a blast. Just clean up, don't be a prick, and listen to the cops & you'll be fine. I've never been in a community that was so atv friendly.

lonnie1977
03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
I plan to make alot of trips up there this summer. You wont mis out.

RoadRage77
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Grrrrrrr I got a damn birthday party... GO FIGURE... Hazelton was awesome.. if you're talking abou the hill that I am.. last time I drove by the cops made ppl pack it and leave before they could unload.. very very big place. If you guys are gonna do this more often we'll have to make another trip!. perferrably camp out... (leave the vaseline at home)

My buddy lost his license for 1.5 years for running from the cops. The cops will always respect you more for stopping. Sometimes let you ride the day out, and then ask you not to come back anymore lol.. but as long as there is no tickets written thats a good day in this industry now a days..

660raptorman
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Unfortunatly our plans for Saturday fell thru.So we're heading up to Treventon on Sunday.

lonnie1977
04-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Wow. I for some reason thought is was Sunday all along. Guess I need to pay more attention. I may still be interested. Will let you know tommrow.

660raptorman
04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey lonnie, did you make it in okay last night? Man I was beat. Didn't get in until 11 pm. what about you. I'm a little sore today but I'll get over it. really enjoyed my self out there. Once I get a little more comfortable with the hill I'll be good. Let me know when you post the videos up on you tube

Wildhorse800
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi guys. I was a long time member at PA'ATVing and am still on at ATV Time.

Just recently found this site. I am in the process of getting a quad(still haven't made up my mind), hopefully before May.

We have some good rides here in Central Pa.,Blair and Cambria counties.

Do you guys ever go up like Friday nite and just camp out and ride Sat? Or ride Sat,camp, ride Sunday for a little?

Just a thought...little bit of a drive from Altoona, so I just want to make sure it is worth it.

660raptorman
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes we do. We may be going back up to Treventon next month to stay for the weekend (2nd weekend in May). I will let you know as the plans come together. We will also be doing a weekend trip to Hatfield Mcory some time in June or July.

Wildhorse800
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Hatfield is just way too big for a weekend. I was thinking about it, but including drive time, you almost need to take 5-7 days to really get an better idea of just how many miles of trails there are.

I'll KIT when I get my quad...

660raptorman
04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
We are planing to do some riding the 1st 2nd and 3rd day and then leave some for the next time we come up.

jrspawn
04-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Anyone know if any of the areas up there(RAC land im guessing) around trevorton, minersville, etc. would be rhino friendly? Im looking for some new places to go play with the rhino, the only thing is its a long travel setup and a little over a foot wider than stock.

Thank you
Justin

660raptorman
04-08-2009, 05:10 AM
You would love it up there with the rhino.

RoadRage77
04-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I've seen quiet a few Rhinos up in the trails. None of them had the suspension setup, but im sure it'd be a blast up there. I'd love to get one myself but that RZR is kinda pricey. I wonder if it could make any of those hillclimbs.. I bet its a white knuckle ride fo sho!