PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problems??

jarred15801
12-28-2002, 02:18 PM
I have a shaft drive on my quad. It keeps getting stuck in gears when i shift becasue of the cold i think. When i shift up it gets stuck in neutral. it locks up. All i have to do is shift back down then its fine again but its very annoying and happens often. It ushally only happens from 1st gear to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I was told shaft drive fourwheelers do this soemtimes int he winter. Is that true and what can i do to stop it form doing that.

killed300ex
12-28-2002, 03:16 PM
i thnk its possile o change your oil on the shaft drive if so you might want to try to change all your oil to a more winter suitable grade
killed

Honda2003
12-28-2002, 03:51 PM
my 250ex shifts great in the cold and i'm still using the oil that the factory installed. have not had the first service done yet. if i'm in 3,4,5 gear and come to a stop then try to downshift it won't. i have to rock it forward and backward to downshift.

DaveEX7
12-28-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda2003
i'm in 3,4,5 gear and come to a stop then try to downshift it won't. i have to rock it forward and backward to downshift.

thats why u downshift and rev the engine at the same time b4 u come to a stop so u dont ruin ur transmission and can juss take off again