PDA

View Full Version : Getting 400EX bored to 416 in the Greenwood Indiana area

hawkeyewv
03-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey guys need some help on who in the Greenwood Indiana area be able to bore my 400EX cylinder to a 416EX. Also do you have to take the motor completely out of the bike to put in the 416 kit with a stage 1 hot cam.

Thanks

Dathon Lawler
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
i live in the area. lookup thomas service racing. he works out of his house. his name is jeff thomas. located just north of where h.w. 37 and 144 intersect. there is a trailer park just north of him. his house has a garage, it's pretty big, white, blacktop drive. i am being descriptive cause it doesn't look like a motor shop. not sure what he charges for a bore. but he does not want you to bring your whole bike. or you could go with TNT powersports. they charge 45 bucks. bring them your jug only. it's over west off 67 close to mooresville. i live in greenwood now. but i don't mind working on a 400 at all. whatever you are doing to your quad i have either messed up, fixed, trashed or upgraded. so i can usually solve 99% of the problems. holler at me if you need anything. i have a few extra parts as well.

i almost forgot. Boring is machining the inside diameter of the bore. yes you will have to remove the jug. then you get a bigger piston.

honda400ex2003
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
you don't have to take the motor out of the frame. most likely it would not come out anyway since the pivot bolt is probably stuck in. Good luck on the build you will like it. steve