PDA

View Full Version : Loading Ramps?

Bryson#221
03-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Sooo I am getting really tired of having to back my truck up against our jump and riding my quad down into the bed...and after a 35 mile motocross event, I don't have the strength to hoist it up myself, lol.

My point: ...Anyone have any suggestions on sturdy, durable ramps for someone on a tight budget? I found a set in my Dirt Bike magazine in last months issue...and I lost that magazine- anyone have it and know the name of those ramps?

Thnxxxxxxx. :D

05LSR250R
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I went down to Menards and got a kit that came with the front brackets. Then you just buy 2x8's and bolt the brackets up! I think it cost me 15 bucks total.
Been using them for years with no problem!
Plus you can cut the wood to fit the length of your pickup bed.

My buddys got the aluminum ones........very nice but pricey.

KXRida
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Try ebay. That's where I got my set. Good deals on there too.

scotteam
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
OKAY

i have ramps right and they are rated for 1200 lbs plenty for my atv. CAN DRIVE THE RIGG OFF MY TRUCK. when reloading the base of the ramps slides forward and pushes tailgate closed when ramps are secured to the tailgate. i cant even get the atv onto the ramps unless i find a hill to load it from. Any suggestions?

slightlybent47
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by scotteam
OKAY

i have ramps right and they are rated for 1200 lbs plenty for my atv. CAN DRIVE THE RIGG OFF MY TRUCK. when reloading the base of the ramps slides forward and pushes tailgate closed when ramps are secured to the tailgate. i cant even get the atv onto the ramps unless i find a hill to load it from. Any suggestions?

Is your truck tall? If it is you may need longer ramps.