PDA

View Full Version : cornering on 07 ltz400

Cleadus Ray
03-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Im new to this site so if this has been answered before im sorry. What can I do to make my bike handle better in the turns without sacrificing the ability to ride in the woods? I love the bike but it seems top heavy on the track. Im running ITP holeshot SR'S on both ends.

icanzu
03-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Its tough getting the kind of handling that you're wanting on a track from the stock Z suspension. I have a similar situation where I ride a lot of woods but like to occasionally hit the track or the dunes and wanted more stability. So I put on +2 a-arms running stock offset wheels which gave the extra 4" width on the track, and use 4+1 offset wheels for the woods which brought the front end back to only 2" wider total. That combo works real well for me considering that I'm no pro on either terrain.

I also had next to no problems with +2 in the rear in the woods either, and use +3 or4 on the track with an aftermarket axle.

Of course this remedy wasn't cheap either.:eek:

six_duece_z400
03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
if your looking for a wide stance that's cheap, flip your front wheels and use wheel spacers in the rear. not the best way to go but its cheaper than buying a-arms and an axle.

Cleadus Ray
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

destey
02-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Anyone ever cut the springs? I noticed mine sits up very high. Wider a-arms would make it handle better, but I ride in the woods and its wide enough. I realize I'd lose some travel, but I don't think I use the bottom 33% of the suspension in the front anyways

cataway
02-23-2010, 04:33 PM
i put on a rear lowering link ,surprising how much faster i can now get through a turn