PDA

View Full Version : GoDamn wheels

ZJTurbo
03-22-2009, 05:29 PM
You guys need to telll me what wheels can handle an a** kicking Douglas Wheels SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had a set of blues last year i wrecked those in 2 rides, Now i have 190. wall I put the through hell today. I ride rocky rutted trails with roots etc... I ride pretty hard. What are going to take th abuse??

bigredisb
03-22-2009, 05:51 PM
ITP Baja's can take a lot of abuse.

buster024
03-22-2009, 05:51 PM
I ride pretty freakin' hard, and on some pretty nasty rocky trails, and my ITP T9 Baja's have held up very good. I can't imagine beating my bike up any more than I have, and my wheels have held a bead for a year and a half. I know everyone is going to say to get some beadlocks or carbon fiber rims, but I can say my Baja's have been an excellent wheel.

03-22-2009, 06:11 PM
HiPer? Heard they are best for that stuff because they can flex out of shape and spring back to it rather than bend. But enough force will crack them. On a side note, how hard do you hve to land to bend the axle? I've done some crazy sideways landings and plenty of hard landing and its straight as an arrow. Wheels are slightly tweaked. Front wheels on the other hand mine are rediculously bent.

buck440
03-22-2009, 06:46 PM
aren't stock ones pretty tough....and cheapish? may not be as pretty

billyboy93
03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
haha the stock 1s r ****.ITP BAJA are very strong

Sanddraging28
03-22-2009, 08:35 PM
i have tried just about every wheel out there..i think the STRONGEST wheel is a ITP beadlock. i have baja's on my drag bike and love them. i have a set of hipers i just got in at my shop that i havent had a chance to try but if there are half as good as i have heard we might have a new king of the hill when it comes to wheels

ZJTurbo
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
THanks guys I realy appreciate it I have had to limp off the trails the past 2 weekends. I am ordeing my itp baja's asap. Maybe with some new kenda klaws:devil:

iownatoyota
03-23-2009, 02:20 AM
ive road hard and busted *** on my douglas red lables and i never regret buying them, best rim ive road on for a non beadlock.