PDA

View Full Version : My new R sounds like a rattle trap

EXracer83
03-22-2009, 10:12 AM
I picked up a brand new 07 yesterday and I noticed at low speeds the engine sounds like its about to scatter lol. I read something on here before about that but I couldn't find the thread. My bike is completely stock, the only thing I have done to it is peel the sticker off that says where the tire pressure rec. are lol.

Beaudacious
03-22-2009, 12:14 PM
450Rs dont like low speed first gear is realy long and it lugs the motor down at low speed. the noise you are hearing is the clutch chattering drive the damn thing its not a 400ex

EXracer83
03-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Yea I figured that out today while riding lol. I was putting around b/c my mom wanted to see what she had signed her name for. Thanks for telling me what the noise was though man!

03-22-2009, 08:32 PM
If they could get the lowend feeling of a 400ex on a 450r I would be buying 1 in a second.

Jackie
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by EXracer83
I picked up a brand new 07 yesterday and I noticed at low speeds the engine sounds like its about to scatter lol. I read something on here before about that but I couldn't find the thread. My bike is completely stock, the only thing I have done to it is peel the sticker off that says where the tire pressure rec. are lol.

I noticed the same noise. I thought it was my skid plate. and yes it goes away the faster you go. I just can't go that fast on some of the trails I ride. Its like you never get out of first gear. So I am dropping a tooth on my front sprocket to see if it gives me more low end and I can get out of first on the trails.
Good to know I am not just hearing things.
LOL
ciao:cool: