PDA

View Full Version : 87 Zilla chain tightening help!!!

heavy_d
12-28-2002, 12:31 PM
I just got my 87 quadzilla a couple a weeks ago and i don't know how to tighten the chain. I loosened the 4 bolts on top of axle carrier on the slides and took that cover off at the very rear but still don't know what to do. Does somebody know how to do it?

RytM1
12-28-2002, 03:56 PM
Loosen the 4 nuts on top, and the ones on the back plate (plate does not need to be removed). The carrier should slide inside the swingarm. If it hasn't been adjusted and/or lubed in a while, it may need a little coaxing. then you can snug the nuts on the back plate to get the chain tension where you want it, then tighten the 4 on top.

300exazzkikr
12-28-2002, 05:31 PM
wow..haven't heard someone talk about a quadzilla in a while. How's she run? Fast isn't it..just watch the crank. all that power the bearings go.

heavy_d
12-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 300exazzkikr
wow..haven't heard someone talk about a quadzilla in a while. How's she run? Fast isn't it..just watch the crank. all that power the bearings go.

runs great being 20 degrees and all, took a couple times and a couple of spark plugs to get a hang of starting the thing in this cold weather though, and yes it is a rocket

heavy_d
12-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by RytM1
Loosen the 4 nuts on top, and the ones on the back plate (plate does not need to be removed). The carrier should slide inside the swingarm. If it hasn't been adjusted and/or lubed in a while, it may need a little coaxing. then you can snug the nuts on the back plate to get the chain tension where you want it, then tighten the 4 on top.

yep, i figured it out thanks anyway:)

300exazzkikr
12-28-2002, 06:18 PM
it's a rocket alright..have fun and try not to kill yourself..lol..:devil

heavy_d
12-28-2002, 06:21 PM
i've been trying not to but its hard, when you have all that power you want to use it, your arms get soar just trying to hang on to the damn thing

tants
12-28-2002, 08:57 PM
my quadracer chain adjustment was a b1tch too.

i really wanna ride a zilla. my quadracer was pretty fast. but a 500cc 2stroke. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn :D