PDA

View Full Version : where to buy tapered bearings for axle carrier

CoDean45
03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I had my 250r for over 4 years without having to replace the bearings in the axle bearing carrier. I sold it to a friend of my about 6 months ago and the bearings finally went out on him. Instead of replacing them as soon as they showed signs of needing replaced, he just kept riding it. Now the bearings are torn up so badly that we can't read the numbers on the bearings. It has the tapered style bearings in it. I found a set of tapered bearings and seals on ebay but they are $92.50 including shipping. This seems a little outrageous considering he can buy a brand new dual row bearing carrier for 90 dollars off ebay. Does any have the numbers off of the bearings in their tapered carrier or know where to buy them like at a NAPA store or something that might be a little cheaper.

Fear250r
03-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Is it a Rad carrier? If so I've got a brand new set of bearings and seals for it.

robyone
03-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Go to napa auto parts and tell them you need a tapered bearing...#32008. seals are a little harder to find, they are size 52 68 8.
RAD mfg is the best place to get tapered bearing kits.

CoDean45
03-22-2009, 08:22 PM
After looking at the bearing carrier a little closer, I noticed it had 32008 engraved in it. Then below it, it has Volvo crank seal engraved. No clue what year or style Volvo. That's all it says is Volvo crank seal. I'm gonna go to the Napa store tomorrow and see if they can figure it out.

86 Quad R
03-23-2009, 08:08 AM
the bearrings and seals can be gotten at any local auto supply. the bearing is for a 79-82 chevy luv 4x4 and is used on the front outter axle. the seal is for a early 90's geo tracker and is the front wheel seal.