PDA

View Full Version : Bad day of riding.

hondaracer_34
03-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Just thought id share my 3rd day of riding with you guys.
My buddy just rebuilt his 08' CRF250 and it dropped a valve the first 5 minutes of riding at the track. Sucks but me having a Kawi i made fun of him for his Honda, just messing around.
Anyways, we kept riding the track and about 3 hours later i go over a tripple and go into a corner and the engine dies and i here a CLUNK! noise. Turns out my sprocket bent and broke in two, my sprocket hub has broken bolts stuck in it and is bent, and my chain is stretched. What a day, eh?

k4f5x0r
03-21-2009, 05:01 PM
think of it this way. atleast your isnt major.. and yours was probably because a rock got jammed in there. he's did because honda crf's areknown for dropping valves :devil:

hondaracer_34
03-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah they are. The bike did it before and he rebuilt it, road it for 10 minutes and it locked up again, busted the cases, it was a mess. He pretty much put another motor in it and it just messed up again.
Does anyone know a good Chain/sprocket combo to go with? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Oh, and whats the best sprocket hub?

Sprks450r04
03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
honestly, your stock sprocket hub is prob the strongest but i would go with a set of sunstar sprockets

hondaracer_34
03-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I would stick with my stock sprocket hub but it bent and the bolts snapped inside of the threads. Ill probably go with sunstar since ive heard good things about them, i wanted Sidewinder but their prices are crazy. Thanks

718 kaw
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
drill out the stock hub to accept honda 450r 400ex sprocket bolts and use the honda sunstar sprocket two years running on mine no probs.