PDA

View Full Version : 250r factory plastic

IcutMetl
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Are stock plastics/graphics still available for 250r's? I thought I remembered seeing them on a parts microfische. I really want to get new plastics at some point and have the factory light (or any lights) and am shy of Maier plastics.

250Renvy
03-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Stock plastics are still available as far as I know. Sometimes they disappear then come back. However the 88/89 hoods are discontinued.

All the graphics are discontinued except the 88 side stripe. But all can be bought on ebay as replicas.

If they are not available I have a complete set of 88 fenders and graphics without the 88 hood for sale for $600 shipped if you are interested.

j-rod250r
04-07-2009, 08:28 PM
what year are you looking for?

IcutMetl
04-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Ideally, 88 or 89. The ones on there are repainted, cracked, brittle...you get the idea. But, they work good enough for bombing around. There's so much cool stuff I want to do to that damn thing, but I feel guilty eveytime I think of spending money right now on it.

j-rod250r
04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
o yeah i took the stock plastic of my 86 it was in to good of shape for me rip around on around here but i hear ya there about the money thing i got mine earlyer in the winter and didnt really have the money then to get one but deffantly dont have any extra right now to put in it my buddy gave me his old plastic witch i have on it right now but i go back to work soon i do road constuction so its seasonal around but i also have a baby due the 12 so i think my redo fund is just gonna cover gas to ride on but at least i finally got one so i cant complain to much