PDA

View Full Version : overheating problem?

crixal
03-21-2009, 02:25 PM
i think i'm having an over heating problem. i was riding for about 30 minutes w/ no problems, then all of a sudden the bike just shut down. it started right back up and idled fine. started riding again and about 2 minutes later it did it again. it did this all the way back to truck. i left the key on after the last time it died and the fan stayed on for about 5 minutes. the radiator is clean, the fluid is full, and it's about 55 outside. the check engine light didn't come on either. what could the problem be?

X400EX
03-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Mine did shut down like you about 2 or 3 times today... I was riding on a frozen lake so in my case it can't be overheating... Anyone got an idea?

TNT
03-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Both check all your elecitrcal connections, Crix for you especially your coolant temp sensor.....X400EX, your engine case and battery grounds.

crixal
03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
check your PM, tnt

florentino
03-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by crixal
i think i'm having an over heating problem. i was riding for about 30 minutes w/ no problems, then all of a sudden the bike just shut down. it started right back up and idled fine. started riding again and about 2 minutes later it did it again. it did this all the way back to truck. i left the key on after the last time it died and the fan stayed on for about 5 minutes. the radiator is clean, the fluid is full, and it's about 55 outside. the check engine light didn't come on either. what could the problem be?

try ice water cooler. you are on limp mode drain all your coolant and put engine ice.. temp will go down.. try to unplug the batt for a like 5 min.. ds gets hot when you are not geting air at low speeds.. i got my fan always on .. and it help.. you can take it to the dealer .. and they can change your program to a 2009 .. but thats if you get lucky cause they dont have any idea ..

TNT
03-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Just so everyone understands the Limp Home Mode. It does what the name implies, makes the quad "limp" not shut it down completely, so if you are way out in the trails it allows certain engine functions to operate to not harm the engine so you get back to your truck or destination. In that mode take it easy, rev limits will be set depending on the engine temp engine light on.

If your shutting down completely then can start back up like the two above thats a different problem, more than likely electrical. If it won't start at all maybe a fuse or something else but not limp mode. :D