PDA

View Full Version : drz kit help

twincat800
03-21-2009, 10:29 AM
could someone give me a quick run through on how to tear apart the engine/ what needs to be taken apart... to intall this kit

twincat800
03-21-2009, 11:49 AM
i cannot get the chain completly off that right chain guide will not come out, so how do i get the nut off of the gear in front of the chain???

cataway
03-21-2009, 05:35 PM
first of all what kit ? whats in it?

twincat800
03-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Suzuki has the drz 400 motorcylce which is almost the same ones that come in the ltz quads. The motorcycle has a smaller head gasket (more compression) and stronger valve springs. I ordered the kit from advantage cycle and comes with the gasket, the springs, and a d i d cam chain and the gasket for the case cover. Right now im just trying to get the cam chain out. Its between a gear at the bottom and the chain guide towards the front. Can i just use an impact gun to get that nut holding the gear on, (the chain is behind this gear)?

twincat800
03-21-2009, 07:23 PM
the kit is ideal for aftermarkit cams and a small rev box

cataway
03-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by twincat800
Suzuki has the drz 400 motorcylce which is almost the same ones that come in the ltz quads. The motorcycle has a smaller head gasket (more compression) and stronger valve springs. I ordered the kit from advantage cycle and comes with the gasket, the springs, and a d i d cam chain and the gasket for the case cover. Right now im just trying to get the cam chain out. Its between a gear at the bottom and the chain guide towards the front. Can i just use an impact gun to get that nut holding the gear on, (the chain is behind this gear)?
first of all its not a head gasket thats different ,its the base gasket, which means you have to pull the head and cylinder .
if your not replacing the rings dont let the piston come out of the bore ,if you do you had better replace them with new ones.
donot take that gear off your better choise is to take off the clutch
basket .
do you have a spring compresser if not then get one your going to need it.
the front chain guide will come out after the head is off

cataway
03-21-2009, 07:45 PM
and expect to have to replace the intake valves