PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler

musky
03-21-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm getting ready to install a oil cooler on my sons 90x & I have some ideas on how to do it but I was wondering if anyonelse has installed one & if so where they located it. Lets see some pics. if you have any.

FISH ON!
03-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey Musky............ How's everything up North? All the snow gone till next year?

Do you have Riley's quad on steroids yet? Sounds like you might now that you are adding the oil cooler. I hope the after market parts are getting easier to find.

I still have the Max RPM pipe and CDI if someone is in the market for one.

We started making a few of the GNCC races this year and that has been a lot of fun. We have one more that is close by and the rest will be a big road trip. We're not sure how many of the long distance ones we'll hit but we would sure like to make them if things work out.

I went out fishing last week for the first time in a long time and got skunked !!!!!!! That may be an indicator that I can't have more than one hobby.

Take care..............

musky
04-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey Todd we are just doing little things at a time. The deal with the cvt was a long process with Can Am & it really set us back the whole winter. I spoke with Charlie McVay the other day & we were discussing the motor build. I cant decide on the 114cc or the 125cc . I think I like the durabilaty of the 114 on 1hr race better.

I saw that Zach raced at S.C. What happened? If you guys make it up to the Wv. or Ohio races let me know, maybe we'll load up & head to a couple of nationals.

We have only been fishing one time also. The rivers around here have been high & muddy.

tlskinn
05-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Ron,
Do you have pics on the oil cooler installed.

Snow finally melted last week up here. Fishing is good...now that the ice is gone :)

05-17-2009, 09:32 PM
You do not need an oil cooler, unless you have a pipe, and exhaust system, cause if you have both you then have to re-jet your carb, which makes it run leaner = hotter. My 4 yr. old son has a 2009, can-am 90. 2008,2009, is seperate than other years as far as parts (meaning push bumper, grab bar, cosmetics basically, ( motor,,SAME). I have a FMF power core silencer(muffler), Can-Am does not make a "PIPE" that I have found. If anybody knows of one let me know.

tlskinn
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
maximum rpm has the pipe.
http://www.maximumrpm.com/

05-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks, appreciate it for the exhaust tip. But now I have to buy it, then re-jet my boys wheeler. Ha! More work. I noticed you are blocked from personal e-mail on this site. I would like to have a normal conversation with someone about these wheelers, without these stupid, money makers, blow faces. dougbakes@yahoo.com

oilguy
05-21-2009, 07:39 PM
que

musky
05-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Hey tim sorry it took so long to get back with you. I dont have the oil cooler installed yet. Riley is on a travel baseball team & that has taken all of our time. I do have all parts, Charlie McVay hooked me up. We did go riding at a place called Wetstone yesterday. Riley had a blast. Iwas surprised how the 90x did in rocks & ruts. We havent been fishing much, lots rain & muddy rivers. Planned on going today but Riley had a buddy stay so that squashed that. Send me some more pike pics when you get the chance.

tlskinn
05-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Nate and I rode 3 days straight in the Black Hills this past weekend. The weather was a high of 60, so no issues with heat. Bike ran great. This is only his 3rd time on it, since he busted up his arm last spring (playground issue). I need to adjust the pitch of tires and also springs. He is having a ball and begging for more ride time.
Headed to N. Saskatchewan to chase pike on Thursday. Will send pics upon return.

05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Diden't you ask the same question moths ago? I also have been waiting months for an answer. You can bet I will figure it out, AND POST ALL PICTURES, WHERE I GOT THE OIL COOLER, WITH NO PROFIT. Makes one wonder if people on here are here to help, OR PROFIT.................................