PDA

View Full Version : Break'n it it!

11-16-2001, 12:07 PM
What do you guys think is the best way to break in a new quad?:o

11-16-2001, 12:18 PM
start it up and hold the throttle wide open for 45 minutes.,Just kidden don't do that..Actually go out to curtis sparks web page and look up the 4 stroke break in secrets he has...

knighttime
11-16-2001, 12:19 PM
Ride it easy for 15 minutes. Then let the mofo cool down completely. Ride it again easy for 15 minutes. Then let the mofo cool down completely. Now your broken in.

11-16-2001, 09:27 PM
mofo is the most used word in my vo-cab...anyhow.... yea both of these guys are corect ....just alternate the rpm's alot and don't hold it wide open for long periods..and my owner's manual says now hard starts for 15miles..i think thats for the tranny...

barbwire44
11-17-2001, 06:25 AM
When breaking in a new bike or just a rebuild i always use a non -,detegent oil usually a 30w, i fire the bike up and just rev the throttle up and down but not over 1/4 throttle for five minutes while sitting in the garage, Then after it cools completely i will ride it with about the same throttle action for 10 minutes then shut down again and cool off, then ride about 20 minutes going to 1/2 throttle, from then on i add about 10 minutes each time and start increasing the rpm's until ive got about 3 hours on the bike then change oil and filter and use the non detergent again.After about 10 hours on the motor i will re-torque the bolts to make sure there right then switch to synthetic and then ride as normal, It takes some time but i have never had any problems with the engine after doing that.:D

yellowrider
12-01-2001, 11:32 PM
break it in how you are going to ride it most often

get on that thing and hold it wide open for a couple of seconds

and if it lastest you got a great quad if it dotn take it back and get another one you have a 6 month warranty