PDA

View Full Version : Fmf Pipe

02Wolverine350
03-20-2009, 02:37 PM
I have a wolverine 350 and it has an FMF MEGAMAX pipe.It is the one with the tuneable disks on the end.

I had the disks and spark arrestor off the other day and rode it around for a few minutes and I noticed that it ran better with no plates or spark arrestor than it does with just a stack of plates.

Well anyways I was wondering if this could hurt my valves by running it like this.
I've heard that Warriors burn up valves kind of easy and since my wolverine has the same engine it would be the same deal.I was just thinking that the low back pressure might not be good for the engine.

I basically just want to know if it is safe to run it with all the plates off and no Spark arrestor.

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies.

jcs003
03-22-2009, 08:18 AM
will not hurt anything. i had a DMC with tunable plates and ran it without them.

as for the valves. never heard of warriors burning up valves. even with many engine mods.

02Wolverine350
03-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Ok.Thanks.

I didn't think it would but I just wanted to check before I rode it to much like that.

Now I just need to re-jet the carb and I'll be good to go.

I see your from pittsburg.I'm down in Washington.

jcs003
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 02Wolverine350
Ok.Thanks.

I didn't think it would but I just wanted to check before I rode it to much like that.

Now I just need to re-jet the carb and I'll be good to go.

I see your from pittsburg.I'm down in Washington.

i am actually live in bridgeville(pittsburgh originally). i put pittsburgh because most people would know it. im about 5 miles from the county line. where are you at in washington?

02Wolverine350
03-22-2009, 12:20 PM
I live in South Franklin.
Between Washington and Claysville.

McGuffey School district.

jcs003
03-22-2009, 12:27 PM
on 18? thats about 40 minutes from me. any good places to ride down there?

02Wolverine350
03-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Right off of 18.

I am newer to riding.I'm actually only 14.

There are some places out by Claysville in East Finley.I just don't really think your supposed to be riding there but we do and have never had any problems.