PDA

View Full Version : NJ riders , passing this along

upstate rider
12-28-2002, 04:07 AM
…for those of you who don’t my name is John Parrinello, but I go by JP ANYWAY............I am an activist for an activity we all seem to love........4X4ing. A few of us recently started a state association to fight the great state of NJ and to get some legal areas to ride, and this includes quads, dirt bikes etc., see http://www.jorva.org . What we are looking for immediately is merely building up numbers of members so we can go to the state officials and say we have 50,000 (or whatever that ## is it should be much higher than that) and we want areas designated in NJ for OHV use.

The DEP has recently released it ORV Policy for those of you who did not see it you’d better check it out (Press release at http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/releases/02_0095.htm) http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/releases/orvpolicy.htm - - this policy is mainly about enforcement and the fines are stiff. Under new ORV uses section 2 they speak about an ORV sub committee under the Trails Council. I was recently appointed to that sub committee and there is very little representation in the 4x4 arena, since they are coordinating with JORVA which I am a director of I am the only one speaking out for 4x4 access, I need to get the word out to other Jeep and Truck off-road groups!!!!!!!!!! So please make yourselves heard join JORVA tell your club members, tell your friends, put a link on your web site, print out applications and put them in your shop!!!! There are lots of opportunities in NJ right know that have not been here before and I don’t know how long they will last!!!

For those of you out of state I was hoping you know Jersey residents who wheel in your state and should join Jorva!!

Now I know this might sound like this won’t happen in NJ but all you need to do is go to the JORVA site and join and ask friends to join. I’ve been working on this for years and we are finally getting somewhere, I have 4 plus meetings every month minimum for this cause, SO PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND HELP INSURE OUR OFF-ROAD RIGHTS IN NJ FOR US OUR CHILDREN AND GENERATIONS TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL WHEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Splashman
12-28-2002, 07:09 AM
I'm passing this along to my off-road club rrorc.com I as well as a bunch of others there do wheel our trucks in the Pine Barrens. A few of us have been subjcet to the harsh regulations and fines. I'm sure some will join your cause.

Joe

upstate rider
12-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Splashman , I received has thru a NY riding club. I was hoping to help any NJ riders if I could , thanks for your support.

2k2-300exnj
12-28-2002, 10:22 AM
ive had those printed out the registration forms.. for a while but i just found them and i didnt remember the site, my friends have already joined... well some i have to have them join they dont seem to understand the seriousness since they have only rode for about 4 or 5 months
they havent gotten spots taken away, or ruined yet

bsb64
12-28-2002, 10:40 AM
You guys would do better if you just carried a bag of money down to Lautenberg's office. I'm not kidding. Do you think it is a coincidence that rich people are allowed to ride their horses on State land? And you and your quad are forbidden? F***ing politics in NJ are a travesty.

Go to the DMV site, they require registration for riding on state lands. Then, go to the DEP site, they say no riding on state lands, LMAO.

I have been voting for 20 yrs. EVERY election they all talk about fixing auto insurance. Every year it gets worse. 90% of the polititions are lawyers, you figure it out.

I'd rather have the Gambino family run this state. They are probably more honest.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now......

2k2-300exnj
12-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by bsb64
You guys would do better if you just carried a bag of money down to Lautenberg's office. I'm not kidding. Do you think it is a coincidence that rich people are allowed to ride their horses on State land? And you and your quad are forbidden? F***ing politics in NJ are a travesty.

Go to the DMV site, they require registration for riding on state lands. Then, go to the DEP site, they say no riding on state lands, LMAO.

I have been voting for 20 yrs. EVERY election they all talk about fixing auto insurance. Every year it gets worse. 90% of the polititions are lawyers, you figure it out.

I'd rather have the Gambino family run this state. They are probably more honest.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now......
very well put