PDA

View Full Version : couple questions

dirtbike&quad
03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
i know i posted another thread but i have a few more questions...this is my first quad with a e-fan and other things and its a big step up from a 300 and 250 like i had before...

i put in a new motor because when i got the quad the motor was seized. anyways

few questions after putting in the new motor
i think i filled up the oil too much and now its leaking out of the one tube (the one where if there is too much oil, the oil goes out of that tube because i guess its overflowing)
I'm leaking a lot of oil out of there. too much maybe? and oil is spilling out everywhere on my engine. now i dont really care, but this does cause it to smoke and stuff and its annoying. will this harm anything? i can tip the quad over and poor oil out, should i do that? its hard to tell from the little gauge on the side if there is too much, will it be very easy to tell? right now that whole thing is pretty dark.

and my other question...
my fan is running really quick right now. is that okay? ive never had a fan on anything really before besides my drz but the fan on the 450 is quite loud and i can tell its spinning and i was wondering if this is normal.

and im gonna delete my other thread because i realized my carb adjustment is a little off which is why its not idling that well and why its revving a bit high.
thanks for the help so far guys
Mike

quad2xtreme
03-20-2009, 04:26 PM
empty your oil and tranny fluid.

Add .75 quarts of oil and .75 quarts of tranny fluid.

.75 quarts = 24 ounces out of a 32 ounce bottle.

If it is still throwing it then look closely at the hoses. Make sure the hose that is near the exhaust didn't get a hole burned into it. I've seen people route this tube/hose wrong before.