PDA

View Full Version : rode a KFX400 today

cyba888
12-28-2002, 12:51 AM
Me and some friends rented a stock KFX400 to go trail riding all I can say is that thing is pretty fast compared to my stock 400EX. The only thing I liked was the speed, but when it came down to trail riding and somfort, I prefered my EX anytime of the day. The KFX felt really bumpy on the trails and felt more tipsy maybe due to the higher seats? I dont like the lights how they are positioned one above each other. Thats just my opinion.

crazyatvn
12-28-2002, 08:36 AM
i hope you learned you lesson.

I rode my brother in laws z 400 i felt the same way.
I iked my power better I fell that the 400ex (wbpipe) had more low end and the power was much smother not as peaky I can bog my ex much more. Granted it is faster. Put me ina tight woods section and bye bye suzuki. (well maybe when i ride with him)

DaveEX7
12-28-2002, 10:59 AM
i read all the shootouts of all these new 400's, and all of them have bad axels..... not only are they tippy but the axels are ready to give, it happened during the normal trail ridein shootout

VooDuu Child
12-28-2002, 11:58 AM
^^^ That's right, I too believe everything mags say too, NOT. The axles were an early model issue and have been resolved through suzuki at no cost to the consumer whatsoever. They have and are putting on stronger axles on the newer models. And actually, my two Z's are from the very first shipment outta Japan and my axles are fine and they get jumped all the time.

DEAL
12-28-2002, 12:00 PM
They are a decent bike I find the suspension to be alot shofter than my 400s. I gotta admit they are a quick bike but like you guys said, the seat is too high for me.
They are great for trail riding (Other than those damn fisher price skids on them).
I think with a set of stock 400ex radials on them it would help alot with the handling.

Glow Plug
12-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Doesn't the raptor have the same tires as the kx/ z 400 but when the raptor first came out all they did was b1tch about the tires well got figure

DirtDiggler
12-28-2002, 01:56 PM
I don't know about totaly resolved. SparkyEX over at the ATV Connection forums bent his Z axle so they gave him a new one that was supposed to be much stronger and he bent that one without even trying just doing some general trail riding. He now has a lonestar adjustable +4 that hasn't bent yet. This all happend in the last month and a half.