PDA

View Full Version : Ama/atva

SSJEFF
03-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I thought that paying dues provided lawyers to protect our rights? This whole youth ban is ridiculous and I do not see anything going on but us being asked to write our government. there is a lot of money going into AMA with members and racing. they need to step it up IMO.

The NRA is strong when it comes to Gun rights. I expect them same from AMA/ATVA.

Pappy
03-20-2009, 05:43 AM
The ATVA can only work so far and so hard when the manufactures are not willing or were not willing to do their part. They had over a year to comply, they didnt.

Mxjunkie
03-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Us being the riders we really should be the ones that get out there and make sure we have our rights and to keep our sport alive.. Afterall everyone of us is a building block in the sport!

Many voices are heard more then just a few!! :macho :D

SSJEFF
03-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Us being the riders we really should be the ones that get out there and make sure we have our rights and to keep our sport alive.. Afterall everyone of us is a building block in the sport!

Many voices are heard more then just a few!! :macho :D

Yes, but the purpose of the AMA and ATVA along with the NRA is to protect our rights. We pay fees and those fees should do more than supply us with the tiny little magazine.

Money, people, and power is what sways government. the NRA is very strong. I think this is the first really big test of the AMA. You would be suprised how much money they take in. Where is it going?

I do understand the Industry should step up also.

coryatver
03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I can't believe that the ama didn't say anything about this law it was passed like a year ago and they said nothing about it unless I am not aware that they did.

Anyone notice Doug Morris of the atva isn't working there anymore

ProspectorJim
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
the ama just helped defeat the bill that would restrict OHV's from millions of acres.