PDA

View Full Version : I hate spoiled people

rookiex
12-27-2002, 11:09 PM
My cousin is 14, He is my best friends, first off I would like to start off by saying that he has 2 2003 CR 125's with showa shocks procircit pipes and MANY MANY MODS, then a month after he asks his dad can I have a new CR85.......his dad says no that vary next day a new one in the garage....he races too....2 months later xmas is coming and he asks CAN I HAVE a new YZ250F,RM250,and another brand new CR 125......Ill be the first to tell you the boy has now a total of 6 bikes.....plus another older 2001 CR 250 and 99 CR80....so 8 bikes....AND I SMOKE HIM ON THE TRACK he has raced for 9 months and me for 2 months and i beat him on his own practice track the first time i was there.....I am jellous i won't lie.....i just wish for one moment of my life i could be him

12-27-2002, 11:16 PM
all that means is it will be harder for him later in life when he has to fend for himself. won't be as esay to hit dad up for cash all the time.

jello
12-27-2002, 11:17 PM
parents = teh dumb

why does one person need 3 of the same bike?

jello
12-27-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MX#132
all that means is it will be harder for him later in life when he has to fend for himself. won't be as esay to hit dad up for cash all the time.

When he turns 18 and is on his own he will go in debt... He will have no reality on anything. He will want everything and beable to afford nothing. OR his parents will still pay for everything

Ryan
12-27-2002, 11:23 PM
I know what you mean. Alot of people around me are spoiled and im pissed becuase im still the one kid who has the *****ty blaster as everyone has 400exs, raptors, banshees ect. Well don't worry about it. This is my favorite quote... "You can buy a faster quad but you can't by a faster rider" Just keep that in mind and you will be alright.

Wow, I shouldn't have drank alll that tequelia :huh :huh

airheadedduner
12-27-2002, 11:39 PM
I have a friend taht is like that. His parents buy him everything, and he don't take car of it worth chit:rolleyes: My parents made me buy all my own stuff(much to my objection) just so I could understand how much a $1 is worth.

12-27-2002, 11:46 PM
everyone comes accross people like that. my cousins own a rigging company. they have over 10 million dollars just in cranes. well thats besides the point. they just got into the sport already they have twin brand new 400s with roll everyhting just about. i on the other hand is 16 and paying for every single part on my 400. every1 comes accross people like that

airheadedduner
12-27-2002, 11:49 PM
But he worked for his money. The kind of people I think he means are ones that just have stuff givin to them, and don't care. They didn't earn it.

12-28-2002, 12:02 AM
no they dont work for it theyre parents own the buisness they get the 4wheeler stuff. its cool tho cuz thats whos sponsoring me haha

EricB
12-28-2002, 12:37 AM
yep i gots a friend like that too, don't we all? i dunno it would be nice to get all that shiz for free, but me i couldn't even ask my parents for stuff like that. i just felt that it was out of line, i really looked down on people who just had ****e given to them. so why be like them? i meen my 400 is stock basicly but i have a ton of fun on it. i'm paying for it too, i dunno the only things my parents ever bought for me is presents for hollidays and clothes when i was a kid. i meen they have bailed me out once or twice, my truck broke a few times and it was about 900 dollars. they helped me pay for that, i offered to pay them back but they wouldn't have any of it. an it's not that my parent's aren't poor they just wanted me to work and learn how it is. mommy and daddy aren't going to be there all the time, maybe even for the first few years on your own. but sooner or later they'll get sick of your moochin' arse.

cyba888
12-28-2002, 12:45 AM
Nothing wrong with being spoiled...If your parents bought you whatever you wanted I think you wouldnt mind having it. If you can get it then good, lucky for you but I guess some people are just less fortunate. I know alot of friends who at age 19 were driving cars worth over 200 grand. Driving Lamborghini Diablo's and Ferrari's to college.....

HondaRancherES
12-28-2002, 06:37 AM
My friend is like that too. We both got our Ranchers at the same time and you should see his compared to mine

Steve-o 400EX
12-28-2002, 07:43 AM
What do u need that many bikes for?:huh All I need and want is one! And if you only have one and pay for it yourself like I did, you will respect it more and it will last longer.

killed300ex
12-28-2002, 07:47 AM
well i can say i dont have anyone lie that but i do do buissness with a person like that. lol he has like 10 horses and gets hay from us. WE were unlaoding the wagons inot his trailor in our barn which is prolly like 90-100 ft long then 50 ft high at the peak and 30 ft were the roof starts to angle up he goes i thik i should prolly build on of these to store my hay in 2 months later he sends in an order for like 5 thousand bales of hay he had built his frigin barn. he also bought a 2500 doge truck to haul his trailor all brand new you know how often he uses it about 1 a month. its crazy and the worst part is that he throughs his money around like its nothing only because he didnt earn it dady passed away and left him millions and he is set for life its crazy i hae to pay for every lil thing and watch the money flow carfuly and then he gets an urge to get a truck or barn and just does it without thinking twice it pisses my off! lol like they say if you cant beat them join them. Ya i wish i guess i can kepp dreaming though
killed

joeroadking
12-28-2002, 07:52 AM
well let me point out a few things first, Get used to it !you will meet people in life who will always have more! the key to happy ness is to enjoy what you have, I have learned that it is much more gratifying to work for what you have build with your own hand and be proud ! and you will appriciate it more, also when these spolid kids go out into the real world it will be much harder for them to adjust than you trust me on this!thats if they ever stop being controled by there parents, ! just my 2 cents:D

Moded86R
12-28-2002, 08:20 AM
Well the the fact is I used to be like that.How many 14 year old kids do you know with a 250r with about 4 grand worth of mods?Whenever I hit 16 it all stopped.And I got a major reality check.I worked 30 something hours a week just to be able to pay car insurance and have a little left over.I am a little better off money wise now.I also work 2 jobs though.I am very thankful my parents did this for me though.It taught me alot.

Yeah I would get used to it.I Cut grass for the city I live in over the summer.Well the company I worked for was contracted to the city.My bosses son was so spoiled.And he thought he was tuff stuff.If he went with us to cut he could only use the mowers.And he didn't have to trim anything.It used to make me so mad.

The thing is though.I can understand why someone's parents would do that.If I can afford it whenever I have kids you bet that they will have some trick qauds.You are only a kid once and it goes way to quick.You have to work for the rest of your life.Just let them have fun when they are little.

12-28-2002, 08:21 AM
Yea, hopefully since I been officially working since I was 14, I will know what it is like to want something and have to work for it in order to get it <-- if that made sense:huh

redroost85
12-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Dudes, I hear you man. Just the other freaking day in fact. I am out at the practice track having a blast in the snow and these two trailers pull up fully pimped out. Let me tell you...they had more chit in there than anyone should possibly need. The kicker is that their old man ponied up early for his boys for Xmas! They couldn't ride for squat! I must say that I looked pretty good compared to all that dinero being spent over there. You can have it all man. I work for all my stuff. I don't even want my old man to give me anything. That's why I say 'Run watcha brung' and have at it!:devil

trx400ex
12-28-2002, 09:39 AM
If you have the money, why not?

hotrodhonda400
12-28-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by cyba888
Nothing wrong with being spoiled...If your parents bought you whatever you wanted I think you wouldnt mind having it. If you can get it then good, lucky for you but I guess some people are just less fortunate. I know alot of friends who at age 19 were driving cars worth over 200 grand. Driving Lamborghini Diablo's and Ferrari's to college..... ferrari's huh.....:rolleyes:

Jay300ex
12-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Those types of people you must deal with all the time. I am apprenticing at the local Honda Shop, and the owner's son is the most spoiled person I have ever met. He has a 2002 Ford Ranger that has $50k worth of mods, he also has a Honda Civic Del Sol with even more mods. Though he doesnt have many off road toys, he has a bunch of crotch rockets. His attitude fits him though so. Hehe. Part of life. .

Jay

roostin_dale
12-28-2002, 01:40 PM
I hate it when a parent buys their kid a quad(unless the kid is like under 13). I think they need to work for it theirselves. Im 14 and i buy all my own stuff...my parents dont support my quad at all!.
There is a kid in the 8th grade here and his dad bought him some kind of 110 dirtbike(2000), RM125(2001), RM85(2002), CR125(2002), Sportsman 500 4x4(2000), and a Trail Blazer(1999). And all his dad rides is a CR250:huh :huh :huh He also Built Him a MX track in the back yard!

He races his RM85 and I beat him on his practice track while riding my Warrior. :rolleyes:

btw...they used to have a 400ex about 5 months ago but his dad was going on a 60ft double..did an endo and totaled it:confused:

Bean
12-28-2002, 01:45 PM
well guess what, do you know how spoiled you guys are compared to some people??

you all are spoiled as well, do you buy your own clothes, trucks, gas, food, shoes, socks, ect when you are 10?

Steve-o 400EX
12-28-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Moded86R
Well the the fact is I used to be like that.How many 14 year old kids do you know with a 250r with about 4 grand worth of mods?Whenever I hit 16 it all stopped.And I got a major reality check.I worked 30 something hours a week just to be able to pay car insurance and have a little left over.I am a little better off money wise now.I also work 2 jobs though.I am very thankful my parents did this for me though.It taught me alot.

Yeah I would get used to it.I Cut grass for the city I live in over the summer.Well the company I worked for was contracted to the city.My bosses son was so spoiled.And he thought he was tuff stuff.If he went with us to cut he could only use the mowers.And he didn't have to trim anything.It used to make me so mad.

The thing is though.I can understand why someone's parents would do that.If I can afford it whenever I have kids you bet that they will have some trick qauds.You are only a kid once and it goes way to quick.You have to work for the rest of your life.Just let them have fun when they are little.

I had the same problem workin for a landscaper. It really does piss you off, and then i quit. The business was failing without me cuz i did all the work so she hired be back part time for 15 an hour, but even at part time I was putting in over hrs a week and framing during the day.:blah

Instinctz
12-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Just think about it, if you had a son, or daughter, and you could offord it wouldnt you buy them quads and that sort?

I do hate it when people say I have crappy stuff, and I spent my own money on it, and the other guy has something given to him.

Stuff like that is annoying, but I hope I can spoil my kids.

Bean
12-28-2002, 02:34 PM
when you have kids, you will try to spoil the pants off them, its just how it goes, is it the kids fault that his mom and dad buy him slightly more stuff than everyone else? I mean, i would bet if your parents offered to buy you a brand new truck, and about 20,000$, you would NOT turn it down, dont lie, no point in doing it, we alll know we would take it in a heartbeat, i admit it, my R was bought with the insurance money from my 440, and the 440 was bought with the money i sold my dirtbikes with, and the dirtbikes were bought with the money my smaller dirtbikes were sold with, did i pay for the VERY FIRST ONE that i sold to get my next ones? no, so i guess i am spoiled rotten and should be hung by my ballsack on a flagpole and shot at with bb guns the way i see it is, if you can afford it and want it, go buy it, only live once might as well go into debt and die a happy man, that is my plan, lmao

Slick
12-28-2002, 02:50 PM
Well, when i turned 13, i was given my 300ex, it cost about 1600 dollars i think....i rode it for a year and i did work and saved my money, i didnt put anything on the lil 300 because i had a plan, i was going to get a 400ex someday and i saved up for about a year and a half and i did a whole lot of work for my dad for that year and a half and didnt spend hardly any money on anything but saving, well after that year and a half, i got my 99 400ex and my dad helped me because of the fact that i was allways working on that 300ex just to keep it running, it allways had flats and it leaked and we just got it fixed to where we can sell it and am trying to now....but he is getting all his money back on the 300 and i have my 400, some people called me spoiled because they think he did it all and that makes me mad, i know that for a 15 year old to have a 400ex is kinda hard to believe somewhat but i dont care what they think...one kid has just as much in his ttr125 dirtbike and i smoke him anywhere or anytime hehe. What really made me mad was this kid that came up and rode with us, he didnt have a 4wheeler so he drove my friend's trx300 and he about tore it apart jus riding it a day, he couldnt drive worth nothing and i found out last week he has a brand new 03 raptor! That made me mad..but by this summer if i save my $$ i can have a 440 kit and rock his world hehe.

12-28-2002, 04:02 PM
why would a kid with a cr250 want to ride an rm85 :huh

all you would even need is like a 250 dirtbike, an xr50 and a 400ex, and your set!!!!!! why would you want 3 cr125's ? why not just have one bike :confused:

cheetah
12-28-2002, 04:14 PM
I guess I'm a little spoiled, but not as spoiled as all my friend's think. I went in 50/50 with my dad on the 400ex. He wanted to keep my old utility that I was offered $2500 for. So he said he would buy that from me, I gave him another 1000 and he paid the rest. I did pay for all of my mods though. Most of it is from Christmas, but I did pay for all the other stuff. I'm saving for a 440 kit or something, but he won't let me touch the inside of the motor because he says it damages the bike or something. So I may just save for a cannibal or something. But you better believe my kids will have trick quads. Life is too fast and they won't ever be able to have as much fun as they will during those years. But I can see where having like 3 quads and 6 dirtbikes is a little ridiculous.

rookiex
12-28-2002, 05:04 PM
I just can't believe that he needs 8 bikes....he can barly handle the 02 125 he had and that was tricked out...he has everything pools a 12 acher MX track and 6100 square foot house....and a 69 camaro that his dad gave him.....grrrrrrrrrrrr I just dunno but his sister gets notten she got 3 things for xmas....I told him flat out when life hits ya your sister is gonna make it and you will falter....

AlaskaSpeed
12-28-2002, 07:03 PM
only thing worse than a spoiled kid is a whiny kid.....:D

Jay300ex
12-28-2002, 10:48 PM
This should provide a small laugh, and a few points . .

My friend whom I have been friends with for like 10 years decided like 4 months after I got my 300ex that he wanted one just like it ( he has never riding anything with a gas motor ) so he calls me up one day to take him down and pick one up. So I did, thought it was pretty cool to have someone to ride with again. But then it turned out to make me upset, because every mod that he would do to it, came from the ones on MY quad, and he even talks about he wants to do this and that, which was what I'''' said I wanted to do. So needless to say, I dont talk about my modding anymore, but I do talk him into buying stuff thats cheap and takes a long time to put on ( because I put his stuff on and make nice cash )

Oh, and have you ever noticed when someone has something like a quad or car or dirtbike bought for them they have less, little, or no respect for it where as if someone buys it themselves and works ahrd for it the respect is very high for it?

Ahh I'll stop now.

jay

DGR Designs
12-29-2002, 07:40 AM
well my dad bought me my 400EX on one term, as soon as i get a job, the payments are my responsibility and so is everything else. the only thing he bought me no questions asked would probley be my car. i have to licence it and al but he pays the insurance (it's a 1969 cuda and i love that car):devil lol
~Dave

raptakilla15
12-29-2002, 09:17 AM
actually since his dad gives him so much stuff for free, he might bail his kid out when he turns 21 and lives on the street, i thank god my parents dont spoil the crap out of me, sure it would be nice, very nice, until i depend on them for everything and cant do crap for myself

300XFST4602
12-29-2002, 09:23 AM
I know what you mean , there is a kid kinda like that by me. The thing that really pisses me off is that kids with atv's have all these mods and crap , and there parents bought the quad and all the mods. Now when they get the stuff for special occasions like christmas that is a different story. But i think that really pisses me off when they think they are cool when they didn't buy a singal piece on that quad.

AlaskaSpeed
12-29-2002, 10:55 AM
I would just make the spoiled person my best friend....:rolleyes:

Steve-o 400EX
12-29-2002, 11:17 AM
I bought my truck and my 4 wheeler myself, I pay insurance and for all performance parts, you can see what I got in my sig.

Hey alaska, I like the first part of your sig, I often think of the same things.;)

AlaskaSpeed
12-29-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Steve-o 400EX
I bought my truck and my 4 wheeler myself, I pay insurance and for all performance parts, you can see what I got in my sig.

Hey alaska, I like the first part of your sig, I often think of the same things.;)

Yeah....not very popular way of thinking at times...lol

EricB
12-29-2002, 02:48 PM
yeah but anytime you say something like that jim someone is going to come back and bite you with " your a racist" but im my case i just say, sure what ever you think. tell me that when your children aren't getting as good of and education and your paying extra taxes. just because another family can't speak english and can't provide for them selves so they let the government do it all.

but in all honesty where i live i have a pretty ok respect for some of the hispanic people. they serriously do all they can with their knowledge and education. they don't use the government, other than their registration. but they're all doing the work no one else wants to do. i meen all the caucasions could be out in the orchards doing the work but they would rather sit home beat they're wife and scream at their kids. so i meen in one sense a lot of our problems actually reside right here, within the people that "originaly belong" here. it's hard to make a statment like "close the borders" i meen yes, it would lower taxes and such but it's not as big of a solution as you might think. but i've always 100% bee against learning forign language not by choice. when i was in highschool i refused to learn spanish, not because i hate the language or the people. but because i don't think i should learn a language so i can comunicate with people in america. like you said english is the preverbial glue between america...well fug that. it should be but it's certainly not. people can get by so easily by not speaking english, or speaking as much spanish as me. like cusswords and hello and stuff, things everyone knows.

but they tried to make me take spanish, i wouldn't, i refused. i ended up taking japanese so i could graduate. the whole bilingual thing upsets me greatly. it's not that i couldn't do it either, it's just 100% bull ****e.

toby400ex
12-29-2002, 03:56 PM
i know what u should do, here it is the best plan ever made up. Go up to the kid, and kick him right square in da nutz.:blah