PDA

View Full Version : 90 to a 50?

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
A buddy of mine has an 08 fan cooled DRR 90 that was ridden for one race that his older son doesnt ride anymore and he was wondering if you can do a cylinder and head change to make it a 50 for his younger boy. I'm not sure if the 90 crank will work. Survey says ???

03-19-2009, 10:43 AM
no you can't it would be a 56cc or so with the 45mm crank i have several 50 motors i would like to sell

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Racer65, might you be interested in a 90 motor?

03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
sorry got 2 l/c now dont need a air cooled

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
well then what are you asking for a 50 engine?

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 01:28 PM
what parts would he need to make it a 56cc engine? He is just going to run it at local tracks and around the house. Basically trying to make a wheeler usable that he has. It is too much for his kid as a 90, the little guy is a beginner at 5.

rmuscle
03-19-2009, 01:50 PM
sickairseth be careful who u buy motor from. not to bash anyone but i bought a whole quad from racer 65 and have had nothing but problems with it , need to pull out motor and rebuild it, and didnt pay a,cheap price for it. as a matter a fact i pulled the cylinder and the piston has 2 , 1/4" groves in it , and oil leaking out of the tranny cover. even charged me extra for the aluminyum rims but for got to tell me that one rear was hammered. so beware. hey racer65 maybe you should send me one of those 50 motors and ill send you this one back.

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
oh snap!!!:eek:

rmuscle
03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
oh not to mention when it arrived at my house nand i uncrated it it looked like some one just came off the track on a muddy day and boxed it up and shipped it out. u think some one who is supposed to be a reputable sponsore on this site would at least clean the product before sending it. yea thats right bthe silencer was about to fall apart to, it was missing almost all the rivets and the carb was shot also. good person to do buisness with lol

tireman43
03-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by racer65
no you can't it would be a 56cc or so with the 45mm crank i have several 50 motors i would like to sell

Stock stroke is 42mm not 45mm in the 90cc. Not trying to argue but the facts should be correct if there put out there. It would calculate to 53.3cc.

Kevin

03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
okay rmuscle it's funny you've had the quad for over 5 months now and not once have you told me anything about this stuff and like i said before you bought it it was my buddies quad and i had nothing to do with this he does all his own work and some 90's do have 45mm cranks and it comes up to a 52.778 with a 42.i can see now i will never win on this site with people so everyone have a great year in racing for i'm done with all the b&%&*

03-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Our Dinli came out with a 45mm crank and a 52 cylinder which is actually 96cc. Our you looking to trade the 90 for a 50 if so please let me know. I have several motors and you can ask anyone on here about what I have sold if its junk its trash I wont sell it. Im sure many people will let you know. Thanks Toby

rmuscle
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
sorry to turn this thread into a different topic , but yes i have had it for a few months , and have been tring to figure out what was wrong with it since i got it. thought maybe it was small issues so wasnt really going to make a big stink about it , but now that i am realizing it is pretty much beat im pissed. we have a quad that i payed a decent amount of money for and have not been able to even ride andnow have to dump loads into it , by the time im done i might as well have bought a new one. and no u did not tell me u were selling it for a friend , that must have been someone else. and believe me im not looking for something for nothing , i have no problems spending money , ask g force , but when i get burned i get pissed. being a sponsor on this forum , u are supposed to be reputable and if it was ur frinds , for the amount of money u sold it to me for u should have at least looked it over , for ur reputation is one on the line not ur friend , and no matter whos it was there is no excuse for the quad being shipped to me basicly covered in mud , not from once again someone who is supposed to be a reputable sponsore on this site.

rmuscle
03-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Our Dinli came out with a 45mm crank and a 52 cylinder which is actually 96cc. Our you looking to trade the 90 for a 50 if so please let me know. I have several motors and you can ask anyone on here about what I have sold if its junk its trash I wont sell it. Im sure many people will let you know. Thanks Toby hey tgcheeseman , pm me with what u have for motors 50 or 70