PDA

View Full Version : bought his 1st quad yesterday!!

flint250trx
03-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Well i am stationed over hear in Iraq right now anr getting ready to come home on leave. Sickairseth no hear had a 2003 ds50 for sale and i picked it up for my son. He will be turning 3 this june so I figured this would be a good place to start for him. The bike has an aftermarket CDI, Clutch, and rims and tires. He also said the front end is about 4 inches wider than stock. I will post pics up as soon as I give it to him on the 2nd or 3rd when i get home.

Any recomendations on how to make the rear end the same width as the front. And whear can I buy more parts for the bike like and exhaust some hand guards etx.

thanks alot guys looking forward to spending cash for the boy now and not on my banshee hahaha

josh

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Hey Josh, every thing came form Hetrick Racing, great peolple!!! That's where I'm getting Seth's new quad. I'm making the 12 hour round trip just to meet them in person. There rear is wider because of the offset of the aftermarket wheels, I widened the front to match the rear. You will soon see that is addicting spending the cash on the little guy. Nothing beats seeing the smile under the helmet, big enough to pop it off !! LOL Enjoy!!!!:D :D

LT80
03-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Turning 3 eh....:confused:

redonkulousruntsracing
03-19-2009, 08:51 AM
I bought this for my boy when he was 3 and it was his second gas powerd quad. He started on a Kazuma Meerkat 50 when he was 2.

flint250trx
03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
well the boy is big for a 3 yeard old. at the playground he stands taller than most 4 year olds. he sits on my lap and drives my old mand kodiak arround like he owns it. so i have no doubt that he will do just fine with it. every time i call home the 1st thing i hear from him is "dada i want a 4 wheeler". lol so its time

I will post up some pics when i get home and he gets to ride it

josh

XXX -rider
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
very cool ! ...nothing wrong with startin em young !!..long as they have the all the protective gear & have good common sense & get good instruction ..& with out fear of the machine ...good luck!

extremeisaac
03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks for serving our country!

flint250trx
03-20-2009, 02:42 AM
No problem this is my 2nd tour and hopefully my last. About the no fear thing.... well thats my boy all over. The 1st week he had his powerwheels he was jumping it off the colvert pipe running under my aunts drive way. Not much but hell for a 2 year old i was proud....

josh

redonkulousruntsracing
03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Josh,
Talked to your dad this morning and we are making the exchange tomorrow. I let my son give it one last ride yesterday, then we washed it, and got it ready to go. It's almost like a member of the family is leaving, lol:rolleyes:

etondaddy
03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by extremeisaac
Thanks for serving our country!

Same here man........ THANKS

Can't wait to see the pics of dude on his new ride

Mike Kozura

flint250trx
03-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Sounds great. I am acting like a kid at Christmas time right now. Counting down the days till I get to give him his new toy.hahaha. His mother is already expecting me to start buying parts for it, but I told her IM going to hold off on that till probably the middle of summer. Now I have to find a 4 wheeler for her.

Josh

extremeisaac
03-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Good Mentallity!

Families that ride together!!

redonkulousruntsracing
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Josh, how did it go with the quad and your son?

flint250trx
04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Everything went great. I will get some pics posted up. He was so excited when he saw it. But his thumb got tired pretty easy. I just wisht the weather was better so we could actually ride.

Will post up some pics in a day or so

Thanks again

Josh