PDA

View Full Version : Any Job Ideas?

BlaineKaiser450
03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Well I am looking at getting a job but that is kinda hard since im 14. I was talking to the guys at my local shop but they can't hire me because im too young for insurance reasons. Im open to pretty much any ideas so anyone got anything?

powermadd400ex
03-18-2009, 09:47 PM
after i get my license, im appling at a garden center. just a little heavy lifting with cement planter and stuff but other than that its not bad.
you can try something along that route or if anyone in your family has a business ask if they need some help.

greenblood01
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
If you live in town, mow yards.

miller821
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Like you said, it will be very hard because of your age... I doubt that any business is going to hire you because of your age, so your best bet would be odd-jobs, or if you have a relative with their own business.

Like said, if you do live in a neighborhood with a lot of houses, ask if they need help with upkeep or mowing yards... If you have a buddy who has their license then you guys can team up and get more yards throughout your town...

Best of luck though.

Kickstarts-suck
03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Doesn't Winn-Dixie hire at like 14 or 15?

chevys&honda$
03-18-2009, 11:45 PM
mcd's?? but 14?? i dno i got my first job at 15 threw the unemployment office, it was kinda like a job shadowing program, the state paid me min wage to learn different jobs, it was kinda sweet, i did it 3 summers in a row, first summer at a auto shop, second at a machine shop, and the third at a gas station/auto shop, you should check into that, and my mom has a hair salon and she had a 15 year old girl a couple years ago doing the same thing.

This was in washington, and i dont know if other state's have the same program...... good luck

<DRS>GPF
03-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
Well I am looking at getting a job but that is kinda hard since im 14. I was talking to the guys at my local shop but they can't hire me because im too young for insurance reasons. Im open to pretty much any ideas so anyone got anything?

at your age, i was mowing and doing bicycle repair(flats, bent rims, etc).. on occasion id work on motorcycle rims..

mittman
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Mowing yards,landscape work stuff like that helping out neighbors. I got started when I was 15 but the reason I got into it so easy was becuase I knew my bosses son since 1st grade and spent lots of time up at their house. Now being almost 18 I love it

631kfx400
03-19-2009, 01:00 PM
im 14 too and i just handed in my working papers today and im probrably gonna get a job at a local aquarium if they hire me but if not probrably a deli or a golf corse

Ruby Soho
03-19-2009, 04:04 PM
its hard under 16.

grocery store?

i need a job bad too haha

ZeroLogic
03-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Yard work.:o Theres always yards to be cleaned up and during the winter theres always snow to be shoveled.

EDIT, I just saw you were in Cali so I'm not sure if you guys get snow.:p