PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 - Cave Hill Park near Texarkana, Tx

ccdhowell
03-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Come on out for Round 3 of the ATVCCS Spring Series April 3 - 5 just east of Texarkana, Tx. This being held at a new off road park called Cave Hill (http://www.cavehilloffroad.com/about.html).

Race flyer link: click here (http://www.atvccs.com/Flyers/703%20CAVE%20HILL.pdf)

atvccs404
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
cave hill is a purdy decent track got a good mix of reall tight woods, and a few open places where you can pass and get around slower riders.... we practice there quite often after all its only bout 35 mi. from our house. goin this weekend to change some stuff from where the arkansas harescramble guys ran at then addin about another 40 acres good tight woods hope to see everyone in two weeks dadgum rain stay away

ccdhowell
03-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey 404, how muddy and wet does Cave Hill get? We're getting a good amount of rain right now, I was kinda hoping for a dry race next weekend.

atvccs404
03-28-2009, 01:46 PM
shouldnt be too bad everything drains real well there. if it keeps it up the sand on the "motocross" track gets a few places on it but theres not much track on it though...

ccdhowell
03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
David said it was dusty on Sunday, this place must be real sandy to not be a mud hole after all the rain we've gotten lately.

How big is the motocross section? Is it like Lilly Creek, or is it a real MX track?

atvccs404
03-30-2009, 07:26 PM
its not a motocross track at all its sand burms for corners and peewee humps in the track in a few places nothin at all to be worried about. and yes its very sandy

Black R/T
04-07-2009, 08:23 AM
very sandy and very tight, lol. had a great time though

ccdhowell
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Black R/T
very sandy and very tight, lol. had a great time though

I met you dude, I was the guy on the white Raptor 700. You had a good finish. I know those fancy shocks you got came it handy, that track got so torn up as the race wore on.

You're from a long way off, didn't know that, way down south. Are ya'll coming up for the Cypress Creek race?

I agree, track was tight. I hit more trees during this weekend than I have in any 6 race weekends in my life. I hit a tree pretty hard during the race, it took me off the quad and twisted my knee pretty good. I climbed back on and did 2 and a half more laps, but not fast, just finished, passed two in my class that had broken down.

cosinostra
04-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Very impressive flight through the air.. All I saw was the bike come to a quick stop and then the bottom of your feet......

I was the second one behind you when you went down. I've described your crash to at least ten people so far..

ccdhowell
04-08-2009, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by cosinostra
Very impressive flight through the air.. All I saw was the bike come to a quick stop and then the bottom of your feet......

I was the second one behind you when you went down. I've described your crash to at least ten people so far..

My crash? I didn't see who was 2nd behind me, I know #499 was right behind me when I went down and I thought he was gonna run over me; I landed right in the middle of the track. I don't know exactly what happened, I do know that I twisted the mess out of my left knee.

Reveal yourself cosinostra!:devil:

atvccs404
04-08-2009, 07:58 AM
i just want to say thanks for all the riders that showed up at cave hill we worked real hard to make it a good track hope to see every one at cypress creek in two weeks i got some work to do brake an engine in half to replace that shift shaft i hated 2nd gear

Black R/T
04-08-2009, 08:26 AM
thanks, the bike did a great job. that was honestly the hardest ive ever ridden, i flew over the bars on the 2nd lap, hit who knows how many trees... it was fun.

i remember meeting you too, you are the guy on the white rappy with white gear right?

ill be at the next race, trying to redeem myself, lol.

cosinostra
04-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Reveal yourself cosinostra!:devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

437... I was gonna stop but you gave the "I think I'm ok waive" as you lay back down. I'll vouch for you that you went down hard.....

It looked like you hung a tree with the right front and then literally cartwheeled off the bike and landed flat on your back. I was amased how well you flew cause you don't look very light <<< no offense....

ccdhowell
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
:) :muscle: Man that's funny, you're right, I don't fly very well. The landing shook me up a bit. I wasn't feeling very racey until David on his Brute Force passed me then I decided I should pick up the pace. I managed to finish 3 laps and my quad isn't hurt too bad.

See you at Cypress Creek, take care.