PDA

View Full Version : best 450 for low to mid power

midwest honda
03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Could anyone direct me to a thread about the best 450 to buy which has not only great top end but bottom and midrange power also. If not list opinions.

midwest honda
03-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Any that i missed. I posted in the YFZ forum because im leaning toward a YFZ or a LTR. I know more about the ltr so i need yfz owner opinions

Ride1Rob
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I've ridden all 5 bikes and the YFZ has the most abrupt hit off of the bottom end. The LTR also has nice bottom end but it's alot smoother than the YFZ. The Honda is probably the best that you can get in terms of nice roll on power that doesn't jerk your arms off. And the Kawi would be the most tame of the 4. It'll give you a false sense of great bottom end because the front is relatively light and the tires lose traction pretty easy. The Outlaw that I rode has nice roll on power as well. The bike was heavier than the rest and that probably affected the motors performance. This is just my personal opinion after riding all the bikes.

I'd say the best all around bike to me would be either the YFZ or the LTR. I

03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I rode my buddy's yfz450 and fell in love with it. Its got stock gearing and was still good in the trails. I haven't rode any other 450 but the ltr's are u-g-l-y.