PDA

View Full Version : razrs vs stock fronts

EricB
12-27-2002, 09:49 PM
i dunno i pretty much love my oem front tires, they haven't worn hardley at all. they're great in the snow and ice. pretty good in the mud and stuff and i haven't had a problem with them pushing into corners. honestly i would probably buy them again when it comes time. i also haven't had any puncture problems with them either. with my OEM rears i had a ton of punctures though. is it worth going with 6plys up front? i really don't see a reason why. but how well do they track? how do they do for trail riding, snow, mud ect.

4TraxRider
12-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I loved my fronts untill they wore out. The holshots seem about as good and are a lot more durable IMO.

Stunz
12-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Try out Maxxis GT Pro in the front. They are a lot like the stockers, but are very tough.

Sparks425Ex
12-28-2002, 10:35 AM
Fronts and Razars are going to perform about the same. Razars maybe a little better. When I had my Razars I loved them but then I got into MX and didn't like them after that. The big difference is that the razars will be a little stronger. and Maybe heavier too.

jb400exxx
12-28-2002, 01:37 PM
razr's are better then stock fronts, but might be a little heavier. they have that solid rib down the middle wich is nice.

EricB
12-28-2002, 09:30 PM
yeah i really liked that rib up front because it can't get caked up with muck really. the curvature of the tire just doesn't really allow it, it's really almost like just a cutting edge.

is there any other good fronts that are maybe lighter than razrs but have as good traction? i remeber some titan tire that had a flat profile like a truck tire. but they weren't an MX tire, they had a normal knobby tread design. those any good?

Quadracer5
12-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Yes, the titan tire is the fast trekker. I've run those tires on the front of many of my 4wheelers. They are great. Relativly cheap too.

Kyle