PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander III

Jurkie81
03-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Looking into getting a Power Commander. Got full HMF exhaust with a uni air filter. I bought the HMF tuner, and it blows, they tell me what it should be set at, I do it, it doesn't run right.

So I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and where they got there commander and if they have the maps. I was looking at going through Fuel Moto. Please give feed back

Thanks!

sprayedgt
03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
I believe fuelmoto will load a map for you if you tell them what you have done to the bike. The PCIII is the only way to go when it comes to programmers.

toMKat
03-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sprayedgt
I believe fuelmoto will load a map for you if you tell them what you have done to the bike. The PCIII is the only way to go when it comes to programmers.

Why is the pciii the only way to go? How is it different from the fmf and other efi programmers?

Jurkie81
03-19-2009, 03:31 PM
I talked to the guy at fuel moto and he said the HMF tuner you can't adjust the "lean" of the quad. Plus I bought the HMF tuner and it has never worked right.

sprayedgt
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
You have more adjustments and fine tuning possibilities with the PC3 than with the others. Do some research and you'll see a lot of people that went the cheaper route and got a FMF, HMF, EHS or other EFI programmer end up ditching them for a PC3 because of the problems that arise. The original poster is using a HMF programmer with an HMF exhaust and his bike still won't run right. The reason being is regardless of the name they are ALL made by Dobeck. The only one that is not made by them is the Power Commander.